RENO,NV DECEMBER 17, 2010: Valley Off Road Racing Association (VORRA) threw the checker flag on its 35th desert racing season with an exceptional group of racers competing in four short course races and four desert races. Sam Berri was awarded the Overall Season Title at the end of the year Awards Banquet and Ceremony, held at Harveys Lake Tahoe on December 11, 2010. “This is what I called a ‘Break the Mold’ year. We made a lot of big changes, took a lot of risks, and I know the racers appreciated the outcome on and off the track,” said Wes Harbor Director of the VORRA Series.
VORRA was started in 1975 and has had a solid group of volunteers and racers, with over a dozen of the originals still participating today. “The heritage in this series is what makes it very special for me,” explains Harbor. This year VORRA incorporated transponders, new classes, new formats and a marketing program. VORRA also added a new high profile desert race the Xtreme Outlaws 250 in Reno, NV. Another set of quality additions are going to add even more value to the 2011 series that will start in March.
The Annual Awards Banquet and Ceremony had so many people that more tables had to be added. The camaraderie in the room was high when the video played including footage from the 1980’s, a photo slide show of the season rolled and awards were handed out to the winners. There were over 190 racing participants this year.
- Congratulations are in order for the seasons overall winner, Sam Berri, who also took home the Class 1 championship title, with Shannon Harwell in 2nd and JJ Schnarr in 3rd.
- In the top Group T truck class, Mike Koening placed 1st, with Ben Philips in 2nd and Jake Povey in 3rd.
- Class 10 winners were Red Team Racing in 1st, Patrick Timmons in 2nd and Steve Bradford in 3rd.
- In the Ultra4 class, Brad Falin took home the 1st place win, with Kevin Yoder in 2nd and TrentFab Racing in 3rd.
- The Class 8 class winners were Bill Jarvis in 1st, Robert Cramer Sr. in 2nd and Bruce Field in 3rd.
- Roger Ceballo took home the 1st place win in Class 7, with Mike Schaffer taking 2nd and Emily Miller taking 3rd.
- Jay Schroeder placed 1st, Dave Oram placed 2nd and Jim Carius placed 3rd in the Class 9 category.
- In the 11 Class, Gary Herrod took 1st, followed by Richard Pallasik in 2nd and Bob Messer in 3rd.
- In the 1600 Class, JJ Schnarr placed 1st, Vince Viola placed 2nd and Victor Valenzuela placed 3rd.
- The Sportsman Class winners were Terry Shelton in 1st, Jason Sacks in 2nd and Alchemy Motorsports in 3rd.
- In the UTV Class, Denis Jean took home the 1st place win, followed by Jon Crowley in 2nd and Ryan Drake in 3rd.
- In the Pilot Class, Aaron Rupley held the 1st place title, followed by Tim Compton in 2nd and Joel Counts in 3rd.
- The Trophy Kart Class win went to Blake Scudder, followed by Ryan Haag in 2nd and JJ Parelli in 3rd.
- The Modified Trophy Kart Class win went to Colton Scudder.
- The Pro Quad Class was won by Bradley Raceworks, with Cliff Wilson in 2nd and Ed Teixeira in 3rd.
- The Amateur Class Quad win went to Steven Daniels, with Craig McCoy in 2nd and Stephen Pappas in 3rd.
- The Bantum Quad Class win went to Shania Bennett.
- The Youth Quad Class finished the season with Josh Machado finishing in 1st, Stephen Pappas Jr. in 2nd and Trysten Cunha in 3rd.
- The Junior Quad Class winners were Shawn Souza in 1st and Katya Anderson in 2nd. Rounding out the season winners was Blake Machado in the PeeWee Quad Class.
In 2011, VORRA will be entering its 36th year of producing high quality, family affordable racing. “I’m looking forward to next year and another great season of building the series with our marketing partners”, stated Wes Harbor, Director of the VORRA series.
Direct Link to Schedule and Information: http://www.vorra.net/
Xtreme Outlaws 250: