300-plus Exhibitors, Amazing Expo-only Deals, Racing Demos, Freestyle Motocross, ATV Test Rides and More
POMONA, CALIF. (September 28, 2010) – The 2010 Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo will invade the Pomona Fairplex Saturday, October 9 through Sunday, October 10, with everything off-road including new vehicles, thousands of parts and accessories, ATV test rides, freestyle motocross action and more.
“Thanks to our new title sponsor Lucas Oil, expo attendees will be treated to several exciting new features including live truck racing demos, a main stage packed with ongoing entertainment and more,” said Expo Director Tom Gattuso . “The expo covers more than 20 acres and is the place for the off-road nation to come together, hang out and share the ir passion with o the r enthusiasts, enjoy live entertainment, take advantage of special on-site show discounts and most importantly – have fun.”
This year’s expo showcases all the latest off-road toys, technologies, parts, gear and accessories from more than 300 of the industry’s leading manufacturers, dealers and distributors. Off-road manufacturer representatives will be on-site to demonstrate and educate attendees on all the latest vehicles and accessories. In addition to the line-up of trucks, Jeeps, UTVs, ATVs, side-by-sides, dirt bikes, sand rails, rock crawlers, parts and accessories on display, the expo will come to life with exciting entertainment features including:
- Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Exhibition Course – New title sponsor Lucas Oil revs up this year’s expo with the high-powered, high-jumping race trucks from the Pro 4 Unlimited and Pro 2 Unlimited classes performing on closed-circuit simultaneously. Professional drivers will demonstrate the capabilities of these amazing 800-plus horsepower V8-powered machines.
- Can-Am ATV Test Rides – This year’s Expo is home to free Can-Am ATV test rides all weekend on the Can-Am/BRP Commander Demo Course. This closed-circuit obstacle course will test the endurance and agility of these all-terrain vehicles and give drivers a real-world off-road experience. Whether you are an avid ATV enthusiast or just getting into the sport, experts will be on hand to provide all the necessary equipment and instruction needed to experience riding an all-terrain vehicle in a fun environment.
- Freestyle Motocross Action – Freestyle motocross legend Keith Sayers, Winter X Games gold medalist Heath Frisby and top-level FreeRider Steve Haughelstine will rip up the FMX area at the show. This motorcycle thrill team will provide gravity-defying aerial action in special performances throughout the weekend.
- RC Racing – Professional drivers will take scale models of real life vehicles through all the turns on a specially built RC racing dirt track. Come check out the action and test your reflexes against pro drivers or just take one for a spin.
- Lucas Oil MAV TV Live – Lucas Oil MAV TV will broadcast live at the expo from a MAV TV studio located on the main stage all weekend. Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing’s premiere commentator Ken Stout will interview drivers, celebrities and industry leaders, and present the latest, must-have off-road products. Big screens positioned throughout the expo will showcase all the action and offer valuable prize giveaways each hour.
- Miss Off-Road Expo Bikini Contest – On the main stage, beautiful bikini-clad women will compete for the cash prize, tiara and “Miss Off-Road Expo” title.
In honor of the victims of the recent Lucerne Valley desert race accident where eight were killed and 12 injured, off-road community members racers and volunteers will gather on Saturday, October 9, at 10:30 a.m., at the expo for the unveiling of the California 200 Memorial Monument, a large scale statue designed to honor the victims. The public can also make their mark on the monument as well in the form of a wall available for all to sign and show their support for victims and their families. After the public unveiling on Saturday, October 9, at 10:30 a.m., the statue and the wall will remain on display throughout the weekend at the expo.
FAST-Aid, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing financial, educational and personal assistance to injured off-road racers, support teams and their families following a motor sports racing incident is the official charity for this year’s expo. To assist in the fundraising efforts for victims, one dollar from each 2010 Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo ticket purchased at www.offroadexpo.com with discount code FAST-AID will be donated to Fast-Aid. For more information on FAST-Aid visit www.fast-aid.org.
The 2010 Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo will take place Saturday, October 9, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, October 10, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Held at the Pomona Fairplex, located at 1101 W. McKinley Avenue in Pomona, Calif. Advance tickets can be purchased at O’Reilly Auto Parts / Kragen Auto Parts or online $10 for adults and $5 for children (6-12). Tickets purchased on-site at the gate will be $12 for adults, $5 for children (6-12) and free for children under six. A Family Four Pack is available for $20 and includes admission for two adults, and two children (available online only). For more information and to purchase advance tickets, visit www.offroadexpo.com. Follow Off-Road Expo on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OffRoadExpo and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/OffRoadExpo.