Colorado Springs, CO - Off-Road Technology, manufacturer of rugged Jeep(tm) off-road accessories, introduces its revolutionary SpiderGear(tm) H2 Swing-Out Tire Carrier featuring a "no-lift" hoist for raising and lowering the H2's 35" spare tire.
This unique system has been developed by Off-Road Technology's team of metal fabrication engineers in conjunction with Lets Go Aero, Inc., a leader of innovative Gear Management Solutions(tm) for the automotive and recreation industries.
"The H2 Swing-Out Tire Carrier was conceived because of the of the challenges associated with handling the large and heavy spare tires required on the Hummer H2, as well as to address the drawbacks associated with the large swing radius of current H2 spare tire carriers," said Marty Williams, president of Let's Go Aero.
The SpiderGear Swing-Out Tire Carrier's unprecedented design provides several critical features for user-friendly and convenient operation, including:
* Extremely rugged, fully welded mounting bracket constructed of 1/2" and 3/4" steel plates with a reinforced pivot point. The bracket utilizes the factory bolt locations for easy installation.
* Unique patent pending receiver hitch engagement system that does not interfere with normal operation of receiver hitch or affect ground clearance and provides H2 owners with a short swing radius for tight areas.
* Optional SpiderGear tire hoist system available to raise and lower the H2's 120-pound spare tire effortlessly all the way to the ground using the standard tire changing tools.
* 2" maintenance free sealed bearings used in the pivot for effortless movement.
* Holds standard H2 35" tire with optional special ordered units available for tires up to 44".
* Units are powder-coated factory black to ensure good looks and protection from UV fading and corrosion.
For optimum durability, a 1" diameter stainless steel pivot shaft extends through the 3/4" pivot mounting plate and is welded solid on both the top and bottom. The actual swing-arm is manufactured from 3" x 4" x 1/8" thick reinforced structural steel tubing. For smooth, maintenance free operation the swing-arm utilizes 2" sealed bearings (not bushings) on both the top and bottom of the pivot shaft for effortless movement.
Off-Road Technology uses a 2,000 pound positive lock compression latching system, including a 1/2" diameter ball lock pin, that provides dual safety by holding the swing-arm closed in the event the latch was left in the "open" position. The ball lock pin holds the swing-arm open at 90 and 130 for added security. A safety stop located just past the 130 point stops the swing-arm in the fully "open" position.
Off-Road Technology is dedicated to building aftermarket bumpers, tire carriers, rock-sliders and roof racks for the most extreme Jeep enthusiast. Let's Go Aero is the leader in new, innovative Gear Management Solutions(tm), whose family of products includes numerous patents for the Herman line of Sport Performance Trailers(r), the Remora(tm) line of hitch-mount cargo carriers, and the Silent Hitch Pin(tm).
For more information on the Hummer H2 SpiderGear(tm), contact Off-Road Technology at 719.633.1111 (ext. 34); visit www.offroadtechnology.com or write to company headquarters at 401 E. Fillmore St., Colorado Springs, CO, 80907.