DETROIT - HUMMER today announced the pricing for its new 2005 H2 SUT scheduled to hit dealerships in June. Base level models, which include a sunroof and rear spare tire carrier standard, start at $52,845 MSRP (including destination charge), which is approximately $1,500 less than the 2005 H2 SUV on a comparably equipped basis. Quickly following the success of the original H2, the SUT marks the beginning of a growth strategy that includes the introduction of the H3 next year.
The base SUT model also includes such standard equipment as a Vortec 6000 6.0L V-8 engine with 325 horsepower, heavy-duty Hydra-Matic 4L65-E four-speed automatic overdrive transmission with full-time four-wheel drive, 17-inch wheels, independent front suspension, five-link rear suspension, locking rear differential, leather-trimmed front and rear heated seats, premium Bose sound system and much more.
In addition, the Adventure Series SUT model starting at $55,625 includes all the standard features of the base model, plus a brush guard, tubular tail lamp protection, roof rack crossbars, rubber floor mats, AM/FM six-disc CD changer, HUMMER first aid/tool kit, and air suspension system with onboard air compressor.
The SUT Luxury Series starting at $56,585 raises the bar even further. With ebony leather seats, up-level interior trim, exterior chrome appearance package, chrome wheels, chrome tubular assist steps, XM Satellite Radio and carpeted floor mats, the Luxury Series adds refined comforts to the SUT's rugged demeanor.
"The SUT is fun, functional and almost endlessly reconfigurable," said Mike DiGiovanni, HUMMER general manager. "But most importantly, it's a true HUMMER with unbelievable, class-leading, off-road capability."
2005 H2 SUT Highlights:
- Reconfigurable Midgate lowers to create a 4-foot by 6-foot pickup bed
- "Global Express Down" button lowers all four side windows and the Midgate glass
- Sunroof, rear spare tire carrier and medium wheat leather seats come standard
- Optional luxury interior with all ebony surfaces and up-level interior trim
- Available touch-screen DVD navigation radio system
- Premium Bose audio system
- OnStar with one-year Safe & Sound service plan
- New accessories including a locking tonneau cover for the pickup bed
- Lockable tool and jack storage box in the side wall of the cargo area