Foothill Ranch, Calif. – Navman, a leading designer and manufacturer of world-class Global Positioning System (GPS), communication and marine products, announced today the latest addition to its innovative line of navigation products for the consumer electronics market. The Personal Interactive Navigator (PiN) 570 combines the power of advanced satellite guidance with the efficiency of Pocket PC™ organization, delivering the very latest in handheld convenience. From the desktop to the dashboard, the PiN 570 is the ideal travel companion for today’s mobile professional.
A compact and stylish device, the tungsten and graphite encased PiN 570 is a fully functional Pocket PC with a built-in, flip-up GPS receiver. P re-loaded with the latest version of Navman’s award-winning navigation software, SmartST™ 2005, the PiN 570 is easy to use and offers an industry-leading feature set. One click of the device’s dedicated navigation button provides direct access to:
- Clear Turn-by-Turn Instructions: available in both male and female voices and a choice of 9 languages;
- Multiple Navigation Views: 3D map view, 2D map view, quick next-maneuver icon view with 2D mini-map, and a text-based instruction list that displays the next four maneuvers;
- Journey Planner: allowing users to define up to 12 preplanned stops en route to their final destination;
- My Points-of-Interest (POI): enabling users to customize their PiN 570 by defining individual POIs, or downloading and importing other third-party POI databases;
- Active My POI: definable alarms for the notification of approaching, user-selectable points of interest;
- Nearest POI: providing quick access to a specific POI by shortest distance (e.g. closest gas station, parking lot, emergency room, etc.).
Additional SmartST 2005 capabilities include Microsoft ® Pocket Outlook integration for advanced address-to-contact routing, Back-on-Track ä rerouting when off-course, a time-saving zip code search tool, the ability to pre-select areas to avoid, a handy town-to-town routing function, a list of favorite and recent destinations, and a complete route summary.
The Navman PiN 570 is equipped with a 3.5-inch transflective LCD touchscreen (with 65,000 colors / 240x320 resolution), and powered by a Samsung 266MHz processor with 64MB of internal RAM. Map Data is stored on the supplied 128MB memory card and accessed through the device’s MMC/ SD (SDIO) expansion slot. Leveraging the power of the PiN 570 OS, Microsoft ® Windows Mobile 2003, and pre-installed Microsoft Pocket PC Business Pack, users can access personal information and contact data, manage email in Pocket Outlook , compose documents in Pocket Word and Pocket Excel, and surf the web. The device also delivers full multimedia capabilities through Windows Media Player 9.0, supporting MP3 playback, full motion video, picture viewing and voice recording. Programs and maps can be downloaded to the PiN 570 using Microsoft ActiveSync ®, through a USB 1.1 or 2.0 connection.
The complete PiN 570 solution includes the latest Tele Atlas map data, providing detailed street-level mapping for the U.S. and Canada; a 128MB MMC memory card; a vehicle power adapter and mounting bracket; a USB sync cable and power pack for the office desktop environment; and a protective carrying case for convenient storage.
Navman’s PiN 570 is currently available at electronics stores nationwide and competitively priced at
U.S. $499.95. For more information on the PiN 570, Navman and its entire GPS product line, contact
866-9NAVMAN (toll-free) or visit www.navmanusa.com.