Auburn Hills, Mich., May 5, 2008 - In response to direct customer feedback citing the prospect of rising gas prices as a top concern, Chrysler LLC today announces its own economic stimulus package: an exclusive gas price protection policy that eliminates the risk of further spikes in fuel prices. With the U.S. purchase of eligible Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles, customers can enroll in the “Let’s Refuel America” program and receive a gas card that immediately lowers their gas price to $2.99 a gallon, and keeps it there for three years. The offer is available at 3,511 U.S. Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships through June 2, 2008, and is available on vehicles ranging from popular new compacts, crossovers and minivans to full-size diesel-powered pickup trucks.
“Today we are proud to introduce an unprecedented program to help put customers’ minds at ease and do something to help working people who are worried about the volatility of fuel prices and vehicle cost of ownership,” said Jim Press, Vice-Chairman and President, Chrysler LLC. “The Let’s Refuel America Price Guarantee puts money in your pocket today, and allows our customers to better manage their fuel expenses. And you can't get it anywhere else besides a Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealership.”
The Let’s Refuel America program offers consumers a combination of the fuel price protection program and additional bonus cash up to $3,000 on available vehicles, including Chrysler PT Cruiser, Dodge Charger, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Dakota and Dodge Ram.
Chrysler’s lineup includes five models for under $20,000 that get 28 miles-per-gallon or better on the highway. To protect consumers from unexpected repair costs in the future, Chrysler models come with the industry’s best powertrain warranty, covering the original owner for the life of the vehicle. And Chrysler has made a number of its most popular options standard on its New Day Package vehicles.
Fuel Economy Solutions
Chrysler currently offers six models that get better than 28 miles-per-gallon on the highway: Chrysler Sebring, Chrysler Sebring Convertible, Dodge Avenger, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot and Dodge Caliber. Through April, the six of these models combined have higher sales than in the first four months of 2007.
The recently-launched 2009 Dodge Journey comes with an available 173-hp four cylinder engine, helping it achieve best in class fuel economy.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel 3.0-liter engine provides a class-leading driving range of approximately 450 miles and gets an estimated fuel economy of 18 miles/city and 23 miles/highway for 4x2 models and 17 miles/city and 22 miles/highway for 4x4 models. Outside of North America where fuel-saving diesel engines are in higher demand, Chrysler offers 17 models with diesel powertrains.
Chrysler is currently in the midst of a $3 billion powertrain investment offensive to develop new fuel-efficient powertrains and axles for our next-generation models.
Chrysler supports the federal government’s new dramatically increased CAFE fuel economy standards, which will increase fuel efficiency by an average of 40 percent by 2020. Recently, Chrysler joined the US Climate Action Partnership, working to find solutions to global greenhouse gas emissions.
Customer Advisory Board
In February, Chrysler created the industry’s first Customer Advisory Board to encourage a direct dialogue with customers and gather insight and feedback. A recent Advisory Board survey generated the following results:
* 76 percent of the community is "very concerned" or "extremely concerned" about fuel prices.
* 83 percent of the community responded that fuel prices will affect their summer vacation plans.
(Note: the poll shows that 19 percent responded "extremely", 22 percent responded "very much", 30 percent responded "somewhat", and 12 percent responded slightly, 17 percent responded that it won't affect their plans.)
Let’s Refuel America Eligibility
The following vehicles are eligible for the Let’s Refuel America program:
Dodge Caliber, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible
Dodge Avenger, Chrysler Sebring, Chrysler Sebring Convertible
Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum
Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town and Country
Jeep Patriot, Jeep Compass
Dodge Nitro, Jeep Liberty
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Commander, Dodge Durango, Chrysler Aspen
Dodge Dakota, Dodge Ram, Dodge Ram HD
The following vehicles are not eligible for the Let’s Refuel America program: All SRT models, Dodge Viper, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Ram Chassis Cab, Chrysler Crossfire, Jeep Wrangler and Dodge Sprinter.
Select Program Offer
* $2.99 guaranteed fuel card for up to 3 years
* Offer valid with up to 87 octane regular unleaded fuel, E85 fuel or diesel fuel only, depending upon purchased vehicle*
* Yearly allotment of gallons provided
* Annual gallon allotment ends each year on 7/31 (first year ends 7/31/09)
* Easily register via a dedicated web site or by calling designated 1-800 number
* Personalized Let’s Refuel America Gas Card arrives within 4-6 weeks of receipt of application
Use & Save
* Use the Let’s Refuel America Gas Card like any credit card – just swipe and type in your PIN to use
* Check account transactions online
* If mid-grade or premium unleaded fuel is purchased, the customer will be billed for the $2.99 plus $.15 per gallon for mid-grade (88-89 octane) or plus $.30 for premium (90-94 octane). All other grades of fuel higher than 94 octane are not covered under this program and the full pump price will be billed through to the customer plus a $2 service fee per transaction with no gallon usage penalty. If customer purchases unleaded gas (including E85) on a diesel card, or diesel fuel on an unleaded gas card, the customer will be billed the full pump price plus $2 service fee per transaction with no gallon usage penalty.