new guy from midd tennesee!

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

grappler615

Loves Light Bars
Jul 8, 2013
Hey guys im looking at getting me a trail rig. Ive rode atvs an dirtbikes all my life, but im looking for something a little different. Came across a 84 toyoya truggy 4 linked on 37's. Enging wise it has a 2.4l 2rz from a 98 tocoma with around 60k miles. It has a w56 tranny with marlin crawler duel transfer cases. The front axle is fully rebuilt with bobby long dirty 30 axles and a shimmed locker, the rear is stock shafts with a spool and also was fully rebuilt. Im new to this stuff and im going to check it out saturday. What should I be looking for so im not going in blind. Also would like to know what a good price would be. Any help is much appreciated!!!

Attachments

• crawler.jpg
    crawler.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 814
Sounds like a great setup...with the additions on there, it should be plenty durable for wheeling, and Toyota reliability and longevity too. Propane powered?

I haven't price shopped in years...wish I had some advice there :)

Sounds like a great setup...with the additions on there, it should be plenty durable for wheeling, and Toyota reliability and longevity too. Propane powered?

I haven't price shopped in years...wish I had some advice there :)
Not sure if its propane or not. Im guessing it is judging by the tank in the back. Im new to all this crawler stuff, so is there anything I should look for in particular, as far as suspension an drivetrain goes ? Actually im trading my 07 yfz 450 for it if everything pans out! So ill only have around 3500 in it. I don't think that's to bad for a good trail rig.

do you have more pics to post up? Be curious more than anything...$3500 for what you've described thus far seems like a good deal

If check out the frame for any cracks. Or repairs that could be hiding any cracks. Test drive it kinda rough to make sure she don't over heat. Leave it idling for about ten mins as well just to be sure he isn't hiding anything. You know?

Did you end up picking this up? I'm not familiar with the 2rz, but the 3rz seems to be a great engine. I'm guessing that the 2rz was carburated and adapted for LP. $3500 is a great price if you got it. There's that much in the axles and t-cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom