BlueRibbon Coalition BRC: Take Back Utah Rally Update

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Date: 08/23/2011
BlueRibbon Coalition Rally Update!
Everyone,
I had an AWESOME time last Saturday in Salt Lake City at the Take Back Utah Rally and wrote a blurb for our website. Check it out: http://www.sharetrails.org/public-lands/?section=ohv-users-rally-ut-mt
I talked with Alan Taylor, long ago Utah Shared Access Alliance Board member and former Prez of the Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association (U4WDA). He reminded me of Utah's first pro-access rally, held a decade ago. Alan remembered that back then, the politicians were loathe to speak to the crowd and the US Congressional reps would only send staff members.

Ric Foster, BRC's Public Lands Dept. Manager, managed to dig up this photo of me speaking at one of the first rallies held. I think this one would have been 1999, not long after Bill Clinton designated a massive 2 million acre National Monument in southern Utah.
Contrast those early days to the very professional event that Mike Swenson and Take Back Utah holds today. The politicians aren't in the crowd anymore. Oh no. Attendees get a sitting US Congressman, a US Senator and the Governor all speaking to the crowd about protecting access to our public lands.
And it's catching.... This year, a similar event, Take Back Montana, was held in Helena, Montana.
Sweet!
Brian Hawthorne
Public Lands Policy Director
BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 102

The BlueRibbon Coalition is a national recreation group that champions responsible recreation, and encourages individual environmental stewardship. With members in all 50 states, BRC is focused on building enthusiast involvement with organizational efforts through membership, outreach, education, and collaboration among recreationists. 1-800-BlueRib - www.sharetrails.org
As a non-profit, grassroots organization funded primarily by membership dues and donations, we greatly appreciate your support. Visit http://www.sharetrails.org/make-a-difference-now to help fund our efforts to protect your trails!
afeeds_feedburner_com__ff_BlueRibbonCoalition_c13d8c281309bd9b7e13e25c830b8e5b._.gif
afeeds_feedburner_com__r_BlueRibbonCoalition__4_yUFB4lIZzQU_.gif

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom