Daily driver with rear steer/ crossover steer

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ecfreeski

Loves Light Bars
Apr 3, 2022
utah
Hey all. So before I get into it, price isn’t much of a factor I’m just wondering what the cons of either rear steering or crossover steering in a daily driven truck is. I live truly in the middle of nowhere, 7 mile snowmobile ride between house and truck. My dad has really gotten into rock crawling, pre runners, dirt biking, you name it and considering future vehicles I’d like to kit it out with some wicked steering/ suspension to help with races and just getting to and from places in the desert and even my own home. Any insight is appreciated.

um....crossover steering is arguably how most solid axle steering systems are from the factory....

rear steer on anything street driven better not wander....I would do electric over hydraulic with a "kill" switch so there is no chance of bumping it at speed.

A buddy of mine has a "pin" he can put in his tied rod on his rear steer so when someone new drives his buggy they wouldn't be able to use it. But not sure I would want to drive anything with rear steer on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom