RockCrawler.com Double Header Weekend for the Lovell Brothers

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lovell-amsoil.jpg Colorado Springs, CO 6/19/14 - It was back to the short track for the Lovell Brothers this past weekend. Brad raced rounds 5 & 6 in the TORC Series while Roger raced the #232 Ultra 4 in front of a hometown crowd at RAM Off-Road Park where he won last year.
“It was all about the jumps!” said Roger Lovell after pre-running the 5-mile course at the Lovell’s favorite local track, “The tempo and timing is everything. I can push harder but then your over jumping everything and flat landing the truck. You can do that, but not for 3 hours!” That smart tempo paid off last year and Roger is always good at staying focused on his race.

When the green flag flew, Roger ran the #232 AMSOIL rock racer right where she has found her pace in the past. Pushing through dust and hitting his marks on the track, Roger soon found himself in 2nd place. The secret to endurance racing is not stopping, ever. Roger did just that with a clean run but was caught just before the finish by a hard charging car. His effort was good enough to put him on the podium in 3rd place against a respectable field. “It feels great to get out here and run. We do so much racing thousands of miles from home, it is an honor to have friends and family come be a part of it! Huge thanks to AMSOIL, Torchmate, Magnaflow, Spidertrax, and 4WP for making it happen.”
Lovell-driver.jpg
At the same time, Brad was in Bark River, MI at Rounds 5 & 6 of the 2014 TORC Series. The competition in the TORC pro-light class is absolutely intense this season and Lovell Racing has been plagued by tuning issues and bad luck. “I’m on it with my driving but we have been fighting carb issues and out of control competition all year,” said Brad. That theme would continue this weekend when Lovell suffered a flat in the first race. “The flat took out the brakes before I got to the pits. The guys got me all fixed up quick but I went a lap down. At that point, we were just out there to salvage some points.” Unfortunately for Lovell, his bad luck was not over yet and he got spun by another car. A tight field of trucks then slammed into the #44 AMSOIL pro-light causing heavy damage to the steering, suspension, and chassis. Lovell would finish in a disastrous 17th position. “Short course racing can be very frustrating but it’s easily forgotten with a win!”
Lovell-Prolight.jpg
The crew worked into the early morning hours massaging the truck back into shape for qualifying the next day. It obviously worked as Lovell got a spot on the front row and lead the race for a couple laps before being overtaken. He fought a hard battle with numerous trucks to finish 4th. “There are some very fast trucks out there and we need to coax a little more speed out of ours. We’re not interested in finishing 4th, we want to be on the box and we want to be there frequently.”
Lovell-track.jpg
The team then spent a couple days after Bark River testing at Crandon where they basically replaced every major component searching for the glitch. “I think we got it,” said Brad, “We’ll find out next week at Crandon, but it sure feels like we’re dancing again!”
Lovell-track-2.jpg

About Lovell Racing:

Lovell Racing is dedicated to winning off-road races at the highest levels of competition. The team is owned by brothers Brad & Roger Lovell. Together they compete in nearly every 4-wheel off-road discipline including TORC short course races, desert races, rock races, and hill climbs. In 10 years the brothers have earned 9 championships and two Baja 1000 class wins. In 2014, the team will race for the TORC Pro-Light Championship and compete in a variety of other races including King of the Hammers. Follow the team at Facebook/44BradLovell .
Lovell Racing Team Partners:
AMSOIL, Torchmate, BFGoodrich Tires, MagnaFlow, Spidertrax Off-Road, Kawasaki Team Green,Lincoln Welders, Method Race Wheels, WARN, Rigid LED Lighting, 4 Wheel Parts, Aeroquip, Fox Racing Shox, FK Rod Ends, Howe, Motive Gear, Robinson Construction, Nissan, Ron Davis Racing Products, Eibach, Powertank, Kaeser Compressors

The post Double Header Weekend for the Lovell Brothers appeared first on RockCrawler 4x4 and Offroad Magazine.

Related posts:

1. Torchmate CNC Cutting Systems Powers Brad Lovell to Dual Off-Road Championships
  2. Torchmate Racing Brad Lovell 2nd JT Taylor 4th in Pike Peak Open Class
  3. Double Header Weekend in Arizona with W.E. Rock Rock Crawling and Dirt Riot Endurance Racing

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom