HELPING HANDS BUILDING BRIDGES IN VOLUNTEERISM

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bridge2.gif

The Spirit of Cooperation Through Helping Hands

Is the Solution to Successful Volunteerism and a Better Future for All

By Del Albright

Volunteer efforts from churches to charities to clubs and organizations must engage the concept of "helping hands" in order to build better bridges to a successful future. That was the theme of a recent talk I gave at an off-road/four-wheeling event in Empire, CO (August 1, 2016) called All-4-Fun conducted by the Mile-Hi Jeep Club of Denver, CO.

Too many volunteer efforts fall apart because of egos, personalities, bickering or even jealousy. Turf battles take over meetings and conversations. People drop out right and left and find something else to do -- or another club/place to do whatever it is you were doing. It has to stop if the effort is to survive at all.

bridge.png

The best solution is to encourage everyone involved to use their "helping hands" to save the cause; keep the sport alive; or the charity strong; or the trails open, by working together to build a bridge that will get everyone to a better future.

To build a "bridge" each person uses the strengths they have to "lift" and install the part they are assigned, then turn and help the person next to them do the same. With everyone using their "helping hands" the bridge is quickly built in a team effort that helps everyone achieve a better future.

I would hope that everyone would share the spirit of cooperation and helping hands to amplify the effect of all of us in one cause, working towards a common goal, whatever that may be....for sure, in my off-pavement motorized recreation world, that would be more trails saved and open, and a stronger future for all of us with a bridge that cannot be torn down!

##

ms_cHtgV_Rg.gif

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom