Hi all

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OnTheRocks

Loves Light Bars
Jul 20, 2023
So Cal
Been into the crawling game for a few year with a JKU on 40's and tons but really looking at building a rock buggy now. Looking to get some good insight on builds, must have items, and things to stay away from.

Make a budget, double that number...lol

Biggest advice is build speed....a year at the most. Any longer and you'll find lots of things improve and your "new" build will be outdated the day it's done. (Mine was, even with a year timeline)

And, build once, as if it's the only one you'll ever do. Beats compromising and wishing you'd spent a few grand more down the road.

Make a budget, double that number...lol

Biggest advice is build speed....a year at the most. Any longer and you'll find lots of things improve and your "new" build will be outdated the day it's done. (Mine was, even with a year timeline)

And, build once, as if it's the only one you'll ever do. Beats compromising and wishing you'd spent a few grand more down the road.
Thanks! So what would you say is a mid to high end new build price? I have seen some pretty nice used builds going for 45-65K with V8, full hydro's, rear steer on 40 and 42?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom