Hi guys..

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

poriggity

Supporting Business
Supporting Business
Jan 3, 2011
Hi guys! Just thought I'd introduce myself...
Thanks to my good buddy Dave (www.theadventureduo.com), I have gotten the expedition vehicle fever. I was a rockcrawling guy, with a jeep on 35's. I sold it, but have a 2004 Dodge Ram CTD quad cab long bed 4x4. I am seriously considering working on adding some goodies to turn it into an expedition ready vehicle. I don't want to do TOO tight of trails, since its a LONG vehicle, but I would love to do some overland exploring. Any ideas on what are some good starting mods I can do for fairly cheap? Its already got a Kilby Enterprises engine driven compressor on it (just needs plumbed). Here are some pictures of how it currently stands. Its got 315/70/17 Firestone Destination AT's on it now though. Any advice is appreciated, and I already know I am going to enjoy it here.

ai176.photobucket.com_albums_w175_poriggity_Dodge_20stuff_20and_20get_20togethers_dodge2.jpg

ai176.photobucket.com_albums_w175_poriggity_Dodge_20stuff_20and_20get_20togethers_dodge1.jpg

Scott

things to consider:

1: protection is priority, particularly the 57 feet of rocker panel...some serious sliders would be first on my list...you'll never regret that...then think of front and rear bumpers
2: self-sustaining: fuel, water, communication (HAM), etc.
3: self-recovery: winch, mattrax, etc

A low profile bed rack that allows a roof-top tent to be mounted and end up at cab height would be perfect...and a LONG drawer for the gear you keep in the bed...or even a raise-able rack that you can lift to raise the tent for gear access, but lower for road use and less wind resistance...

gota love a clean slate...but that's a LOTTA truck to build off...

I'm with ya Woody.. First thing I'd do is rockers... I love the truck, but I don't know that it's the BEST platform to build an expo rig out of.. I am on the hunt for an FJ80, but $$ is my limiting factor right now. protection is first on the list... Just gotta find a reputable fabricator near by to make a decent set of sliders.
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom