RockCrawler.com Jason Voss and King Shocks Trick Truck Champions!

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

King-Shocks-Voss.jpg GARDEN GROVE, CA – DECEMBER 17, 2013 – Off Road Desert Racing in America means one thing. If you want to race at the top level against the sport’s elite competitors, than you race the Best in the Desert. The series attracts some of the largest fields of the super exotic unlimited Trick Trucks. After an exciting season and a close 3-way battle, Jason Voss has won the coveted Best in the Desert Championship.

Before the season ending event; the Henderson 250 – “A Race for Champions” Jason shared his outlook. “With the Championship being within reach, I just need to drive smart. This is a rough course and weather will play a factor.” Voss’s foreshadowing was well conceived, as he was able to get out in front early and stay ahead of the other title challengers. Jason raced three 80-mile loops, for a total of 240 miles in just over 4 hours, worthy of the 4th place finish and more than enough to award the 2014 Best in the Desert Championship.

King-Shocks-Voss2.jpg The event was not without significant challenges and during qualifying’s practice lap, Voss experienced a catastrophic transmission failure. With limited time for repairs, Jason and his co-driver immediately began dismantling his trucks under belly while still stranded just off course. Only after BITD officials retrieved Voss and delivered his vehicle back to the pits, the team was able to install a fresh transmission. With only seconds to spare, Jason was strapped into the truck in time to see Casey Folks wave the green flag. Jason full of nothing but nerves and adrenaline nailed down the fastest qualifying lap of the day placing him at the front of the entire field for the races start.

Voss had positioned himself to be the top contender for the championship title by finishing races at the front consistently, meticulous preparation and well thought out strategy. “I am inspired by competition,” declared Jason. “Even at your best you can always push harder but you win a championship by your performance on the bad days. Last year we had a lot of those and after 4 DNFs in 6 races, we knew serious changes were coming. Right before Henderson last year, we switched over to King Shocks and BFG Tires. After the race, Brett and Iribe spent 4 days with us tuning and testing this truck till we were dialed. ”

King-Shocks-Voss3.jpg Ready for the 2013 season, Voss came out rejuvenated and claimed a major victory at the Parker 425 with the overall win. “The shock and tire changes made this truck a totally different animal to drive,” explained Jason. “I felt significant improvements all around and knew it was a total game changer for me. Not only can I compete against the best, but I know I can beat them.”

Voss proceeded the season with consistent performances by finishing 4th overall at the Mint 400, a very solid 4th place at the Silver State 300, and a dominating overall win at Vegas to Reno. Jason admitted, “My team is very thorough. I owe it to the guys that work on the truck and the reliable parts we have setup. Running top-notch equipment like King Shocks, Kroyer drivetrain and Howe power steering is the only reason why we can race as hard as we do and finish without the mechanical failures.”

Jason Voss has had an exceptional year by winning the two biggest races of the season and earning good finishes at the others. Capturing top qualifying times all season long and even edging out the big hitters in Baja makes Jason the one to beat. Performance is proof. Jason Voss and the equipment he uses like King Off Road Racing Shocks are the “Best in the Desert.”

Race to dominate. Race to win. Race with King Shocks.

The post Jason Voss and King Shocks Trick Truck Champions! appeared first on RockCrawler 4x4 and Offroad Magazine.

Related posts:

1. Adam Householder Takes The Trick Truck Victory In Henderson
  2. King Shocks Dominates the SCORE Baja 1000
  3. King Shocks Continues Support as Official Shock of King of the Hammers

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom