RockCrawler.com JT Taylor Recognized as Only Racer to Take All 8 Green Flags for King of the Hammers

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JT-Taylor-01.jpg COLORADO SPRINGS, CO FEBRUARY 12, 2014 Friday February 7thmarked the 8th green flag of the now Internationally known Griffin King of the Hammers. JT Taylor is the only racer on the lakebed that can boast seeing all 8 green flags, and has driven the same car at 7 of the 8 events, with a 12thplace finish in 2013. “I am really surprised how time flies, to say that the first race we did was 8 years ago is crazy,” JT said in astonishment. “We just went out and had fun the first time, and I am still doing the same. My car is the original ‘Ol Blue with some modifications changing to King Shocks and BFGoodrich Tires along the way. We recently added Azunia Tequila, but all my other sponsors have been with me since the beginning and for that I am humbly thankful.”

“It is the camaraderie that keeps me coming back. I look forward to hanging out in this dusty, dirty lakebed every year to see my friends that I only get to see once a year. We cheer each other on, we give each other parts, and we turn each other back over when we roll in the rocks!” said JT Taylor. “I would really like to thank Brad and Roger Lovell for their hospitality this week in the pits. I crewed for them on Thursday’s Legends Class win and then we all got the car ready for the race on Friday. A great, great family to be part of.”

JT-Taylor-02.jpg

Doug Nagy was in the co-driver seat for the third year, a perfect team. This years race ended earlier than wanted at Pit 2A near RM91. The transmission cooler was dying and when inspecting it for a potential fix or replacement it was noticed that the left motor mount had sheered completely off and the right motor mount had broken. This was after an incredible day in the desert and on the rocks. The 39” KRT-B BFGoodrich Tires mounted on Raceline Wheels held up strong.

JT-Taylor-Doug-Nagy.jpg

JT Taylor’s next race will be as a Crew Chief for Pat Simms Class 7 #717 at the SCORE San Felipe 250. JT’s next driving event will the NORRA Mexican 1000 in May where he will pilot his new to him Class 11 car bought from Dirt Sports.

Many thanks are due to all of the companies and people who make every year of race effort possible: Torchmate, Azunia Tequila, BFGoodrich, Tube Shark, Raceline Wheels, Warn Winches, Power Tank, King Shocks, CTM Axles, Amsoil, Motive Gear, Howe Power Steering, JE Reel Driveshafts, Shirt Force, Crawlorado Graphics

About JT Taylor: JT Taylor is the epitome of “been there, done that”. A retired First Sergeant who returned from the Iraq conflict with a Bronze Star, Taylor uses the skills that he honed as a soldier to manage multiple racing teams needs. His strategic and mechanical capabilities have served him well in Crew Chief positions with Brad Lovell, winning the 2012 TORC pro light championship, Speed Technologies, Shannon Campbell, Dirt Sports, Chris Kemps Trophy truck, Mike Palmers Trophy truck and SuperLite #16 race teams. He was the Crew Chief for Speed Technologies 2008 Class 1 Baja 1000 win, 2009 Baja 500 Torchmate Racing finish, and co-drove and was crew for the 2009 Baja 1000 and the 2010 and 2011 NORRA 1000 win. It would be foolish to think that Taylor is only handy with a wrench, he is just as comfortable behind the wheel. JT Taylor is one of the original thirteen competitors of King of the Hammers who has raced every year, winning the 2011 Torchmate Stampede, placing 3rd at the 2011 Ultra4 Grand Prix and 12th at the 2013 King of the Hammers. JT Taylor consistently held a top ten position in XORRA for five years and is the two-year reigning champion of the XORRA Germany Series. He is the 3 time Colorado Hill Climb Association Ultra4 Champion and made history as the first Ultra4 competitor to run Pikes Peak, where he won the Exhibition class in 2010 and was 2nd in the Pikes Peak Open Class in 2011. JT Taylor added a 2012 NORRA 1000 win to his resume including the respect of being the first Rock Buggy to join the race. JT Taylor is the person you want on your team.

Photo Credit: Bailey Campbell Media

The post JT Taylor Recognized as Only Racer to Take All 8 Green Flags for King of the Hammers appeared first on RockCrawler 4x4 and Offroad Magazine.

Related posts:

1. JT Taylor Only Racer to Take All 8 Green Flags for King of the Hammers
  2. JT Taylor Ultra4 Car Takes Green Flag at Crandon International Off-Road Raceway
  3. JT Taylor Takes 12th Checkered Flag at 2013 King of the Hammers

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom