BlueRibbon Coalition RELEASE: Baaj Nwaavjo I’tah Kukveni Grand Canyon National Monument Designation Is Unlawful Land Grab

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PHOENIX, AZ – Today BlueRibbon Coalition announced that it opposes yet another unlawful land grab of over 1 million acres through the creation of the Baaj Nwaavjo I’tah Kukveni Grand Canyon National Monument. With President Biden visiting western states this week, it has been widely reported that he plans to abuse the powers authorized by the Antiquities Act to designate a new national monument in northern Arizona.

In August of 2022 BlueRibbon Coalition filed a challenge to the expansions of the Bears Ears and Grand Staircase Escalante National Monuments in Utah along with a mining claim owner, a rancher, and a member of Utah’s Native American community. As a leader in the fight against these abusive national monument designations, BRC recognizes that the creation of Baaj Nwaavjo I’tah Kukveni Grand Canyon National Monument makes a mockery of the limited powers of the Antiquities Act.

“This designation will weaken the American economy, it will weaken America geopolitically, and it will lock the American people out of their public lands,” BlueRibbon Coalition Executive Director, Ben Burr said. “Without relief from the federal courts, and hopefully the Supreme Court, it is clear that presidents will continue to abuse the Antiquities Act, which is currently abused with no discernible limit to the powers it allegedly delegates to presidents.”

BlueRibbon Coalition encourages its members and supporters to oppose this monument designation.

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom