1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rock crawler build

Discussion in 'Wheelers Tech' started by HaulinTJ97, Aug 11, 2014.

1. HaulinTJ97

HaulinTJ97 New Member

I just picked up a built frame for a jeep TJ well so they said it was for a TJ. the frame is built really well. My intensions were to put i under my TJ but i decided to go a different rought. I am going to build a rock crawler out of it. full caged. Im probuly going to shorten the frame and possibly narrow it as well. The first thing i need to do is Find out what company made this kit. looks to me like some one bought it in pieces and welded it together. I would like to find the blue prints of this frame. If any one has any ideas of the manufacture that would be a great help. or any ideas at all on building this rig.

Attached Files:

2. woody

woody eternal noobie Staff Member Media Partner

3. HaulinTJ97

HaulinTJ97 New Member

I did look at the TDK wed site and they didn't have an full tj frames.

4. woody

woody eternal noobie Staff Member Media Partner

I looked at your pics closer....it appears custom, with the welded box tube rails...I've not run across anything like it in the past

5. Gary Bergenhagen

Gary Bergenhagen New Member

I have a 2000 TJ. Which would be the same as a 97". If any part of this frame is TJ, it would be the center section. The front and rear are definitely not. I agree with Woody. It looks custom.