TIRES!?!

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirtbag1

Spotter Required
May 11, 2023
Temecula California
My original plan was to run 40inch Milestar Black labels. Light in weight and good price and seems to be a good compound for all around crawling. Just got off the phone with a guy from Northridge 4X4 and they are back ordered from his Rep at milestar with no date at this point to when Milestar will get them in. I'm running 17inch wheels that I already ordered 9 inch wide. Anyone have a "IN" or know of anyone with these? Also what would be a good alternative to this tire? I know tires are a huge discussion with all sorts of opinions, I'm not doing any competitions, just looking for a decent tire at a decent price that will work well for crawling. Thanks!!

I've heard BFG 39 Reds aren't even being produced in 2023.

I know Milestar is "ahead" of their claimed production schedules and I'm anticipating my 42 Blacks in early August.... but lots of things can change between now and then.

IMO, the sticky/comp tire market is a mess all over right now. Partly since every influencer with 100 followers thinks their overbuilt JL requires a sticky tire to run 6 rated trails ..

I know Milestar is "ahead" of their claimed production schedules and I'm anticipating my 42 Blacks in early August.... but lots of things can change between now and then.

IMO, the sticky/comp tire market is a mess all over right now. Partly since every influencer with 100 followers thinks their overbuilt JL requires a sticky tire to run 6 rated trails ..
Yeah I think your right on the market/influencer comment for sure! Just sucks cuz i'm at the point that I need wheels and tires on my project to keep moving forward with the build! Maybe I can get lucky and find a used set to do mock up with. Frustrating!!

So being a newbie with 40inch tires and beadlocks, Do I even worry about balancing? I have read about balance beads but no experience. I would like to do short drives on road but nothing too far. I was able to get my hands or the guys hands at Northridge on some 40inch milestar Black Labels!!!! Super happy about that!!

So being a newbie with 40inch tires and beadlocks, Do I even worry about balancing? I have read about balance beads but no experience. I would like to do short drives on road but nothing too far. I was able to get my hands or the guys hands at Northridge on some 40inch milestar Black Labels!!!! Super happy about that!!
IMO, don't bother. You'll avoid road time with the MT02 Blacks, since they are so soft.

Awesome that Northridge was able to get you handled!

I've never balanced any of my tires all the way up to 43". But then again, I don't run over about 45-50 and that's very rare.

RE stickies on a 6 rated trail, you only need them if you have your dash lined with ducks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom