U-bolt flip kit problems.....

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wes

Loves Light Bars
Dec 3, 2012
So i have an 83 yota so I don't know if any one else has had this problem with a u-bolt flip kit but on the drivers side the steering arm hangs so low I had to cut the u-bolt threads flush with the top of the nut. It was preventing me from turning right.... So after some cutting and grinding I can now turn right. It still drags just a little on flat ground but won't turn right when I flex because the steering arm linkage hits the nut. What can I do to fix this with out having to spend big money on HI-steer??

wes said:
So i have an 83 yota so I don't know if any one else has had this problem with a u-bolt flip kit but on the drivers side the steering arm hangs so low I had to cut the u-bolt threads flush with the top of the nut. It was preventing me from turning right.... So after some cutting and grinding I can now turn right. It still drags just a little on flat ground but won't turn right when I flex because the steering arm linkage hits the nut. What can I do to fix this with out having to spend big money on HI-steer??

They make flat steering arms I dunno if I have to have steer to run em thou

wes said:

Looking for a little insight on my Dana 30 . Putting an ARB in and really don't see the need to add locking hubs . As long as the 231 is working ,and from what I hear it is a good transfer case , I am just adding cost to my build . This is my first Cherokee build and have built a few cj's ,all with Warren hubs . Thanks all and happy wheeling .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom