ICON Vehicle Dynamics is excited to announce the release of a new suspension system for one of the most off-road capable vehicles around – the 1991-1997 80 Series Toyota Land Cruiser. After an in-depth R&D process, ICON engineers have developed a 3” suspension system for the 80 Series that is aimed to improve on-road handling characteristics while also maximizing the Land Cruiser’s off-road potential.
The 80 Series Land Cruiser 3” Suspension System is comprised of ICON-designed dual rate coil springs, caster correction bushings, sway bar relocation components, all bracketry and hardware required for install, and ICON 2.0 Aluminum Series or ICON 2.5 Series shocks. The dual-rate coils have been specifically designed to yield a soft ride under normal conditions, then stiffen under compression for increased bottom out resistance. The springs were also designed in a way that prevents them from being unseated at full droop – no more coils falling out on the trail! The included caster correction kit returns the steering geometry to an OE-like setup, improving on-road drivability and off-road handling characteristics. In traditional ICON fashion, these components have been organized into three stages that fit varying driving styles and intended uses.
The Stage 1 system includes ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2.0 Aluminum Series shocks that feature a corrosion resistant anodized body, 5/8″ shaft, and vehicle specific valving for an optimized ride quality and balanced damping front to rear. The Stage 2 system adds larger, more off-road capable ICON 2.5 Series shocks to the equation. These shocks also include vehicle specific valving, but feature a 7/8” shaft, corrosion resistant CAD plated shock bodies, FK Rod End bearings for increased responsiveness and longevity, and remote reservoirs for more consistent performance under extreme use. The Stage 3 system outfits the 80 Series Land Cruiser with ICON 2.5 Series shocks that feature the CDCV, or Compression Damping Control Valve. This technology allows end-users to quickly adjust the ride quality of their shocks with the simple turn of a knob – no tools required! With ten high-resolution settings to choose from, the ICON CDC Valve will allow for the perfect ride quality across any terrain.
ICON products are all proudly made in the USA at our Southern California-based facility by a team of passionate off-road enthusiasts. With a reputation for quality, performance, and service ICON Vehicle Dynamics is the top choice for performance suspension systems and shock absorbers for the 1991-1997 80 Series Toyota Land Cruiser.
- 3” lift height with slight rake from front to rear
- Approximately 40% increased front wheel travel over stock
- Approximately 35% increased rear wheel travel over stock
- Caster bushings provide 4.6 degrees of correction to retain OE steering geometry
- Vehicle specific tuned ICON shocks for superior performance and ride quality
- Corrosion resistant anodized shock body with 5/8″ shaft (2.0 Aluminum Series shocks)
- Corrosion resistant CAD plated coilover shock body with 7/8″ shaft (2.5 Series shocks)
- FK Rod End bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection (2.5 Series shocks)
- ICON CDC Valve allows quick and easy end-user compression adjustability
- Lifetime guarantee against coil spring breakage or sag
- 100% bolt-on design
- Made in the USA
- Extended brake lines highly recommended (ICON Part #53009)
WHEEL & TIRE FITMENT INFO:
- OEM Wheels & Tires: Yes
- Aftermarket Wheels: 8-8.5″ Wide, 4.625″ Backspace
- Aftermarket Tires: 33 X 11.50