Hello from Wyoming

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SteerAndStuff

Spotter Required
Dec 31, 2016
Wyoming
Checking out the forum here. Been a long time user of PBB, CK5, and the original ORC. Enjoy checking out guys builds and tech and other forums are starting to dwindle. Currently have an Ibex chassied rig that I am currently rebuilding into a 4 seater.

IMG_20160514_233606.jpg

20151017_140230-01.jpe

20161222_160814.jpg

Welcome :)

We've got two builds going on my my shop now, turning my 4 seat FToy into a two, and assembling Rich's new chassis as a 3 seater.

Hope to see more on your rig (i always need ideas...lol) The IBEX chassis are sweet, great platform to expand on.

20161231_144636.jpg

Welcome! That's a good looking buggy! How's the wheeling up in Wyoming?

We don't have a ton of hard rocks but a couple small areas that can keep you busy all day easily. Typically make a trip once a year to Moab or the Black Hills.
Few clip from out last outing at out favorite spot

What's that White stuff??
Welcome!

We do a handful of snow wheeling typically after the new year when there gets to be a little base built. I have a set of 43SXs on H1s usually run as 1-3psi for snow wheeling but selling them to try some 41.5 PBR radials for this season.

This spot we typically go to in May or later after the snowmobile season tapers off. Its generally 4'-6' deep still but pretty set up by then. The toyotas with like 8k:1 crawl ratio and 40-42s do really good on the snow, I typically try to keep up as much as I can but when horsepower works its so much fun. Adding a little more HP too during this 4 seat rebuild so anxious to try than next spring.

I've never attended the challenge on labor day but sounds like a good time. We have run most the trails around camp 5 and a few cereal trails. Best bet is to hit up some locals and go wheeling. We were there last year over July 4 weekend.

We are just going for a week. No event.
Planning on a couple days being a tourist, and 2-3 days wheeling. Hoping to have the toy hauler finished by then :)

We have always stayed at cabins at Wild Bill's campground. They are the most affordable but there is no cell service there. It is close to Camp 5 area, can drive a dirt road straight out of the campground.

How was the weather over the 4th? I have other obligations on the 4th, but we are thinking 3rd week of July.

How much room was at Wild Bills? My toyhauler is 53' (tractor/trailer). One of the campgrounds in the area has big rig parking, but doesn't think I can get mine in there. Too long to make the turn from the road.

Been there twice now on July 4 weekend. First year was hot and sunny the whole time. Last year we got some rain and ended up not wheeling much one day. Don't think you'll get that big of rig into wild bills but the cabin cost $65/ night. Definitely nothing fancy but decent.

I've never attended the challenge on labor day but sounds like a good time.

I was actually thinking the Black Hills Cruiser Classic in July...might want to triple check dates to be sure you don't have clogged trails :)

DTC was always on my list, had friends who went regularly, but never pulled off that one .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom