New guy from Wisconsin

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zackgofast

Loves Light Bars
May 16, 2019
Wisconsin
Doing my first build. It's a 1988 ford ranger with a mild built 289. I'm currently putting 08 super duty axles in it with 4 link. I'm going to run dom 2" 1/4 wall tubing. I'm wondering what size hiems to run?
IMG_20190317_202443_606.jpg
IMG_20190317_202443_598.jpg
20190320_163040.jpg
20180908_132835.jpg

Have a friend near Ripon hat thad that Ranger body with a 4-link rear and a 302...super capable truck :) SM435 granny or an auto?

Rear lowers need to be 1-1/4"....uppers can vary a bit, but I run 7/8" and don't anticipate issues. And make sure those lower links are thick :)

I always admire a mans commitment to building a rig outside with snow on the ground. That looks like its gonna be a beast! Woody always has a soft spot for Wisconsin rigs lol!

Woody always has a soft spot for Wisconsin rigs lol!

TOTALLY!

Still recall my first repair....clutch slave cylinder on my FJ40....late December 1989, Ashland WI, Friday night, NO SHOP....outside on my gravel apartment driveway....propane heater to warm the wrenches and a buddy sitting inside the truck reading the Haynes Manual and yelling instructions thru the holes in the rusted floor...lol

I miss those days, and yet I don't....lol

TOTALLY!

Still recall my first repair....clutch slave cylinder on my FJ40....late December 1989, Ashland WI, Friday night, NO SHOP....outside on my gravel apartment driveway....propane heater to warm the wrenches and a buddy sitting inside the truck reading the Haynes Manual and yelling instructions thru the holes in the rusted floor...lol

I miss those days, and yet I don't....lol

I bet you were wearing shorts too lol!!!
Makes you appreciate todays problems.. like why is my shop heater set at 61 and not 69 lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom