Vernal Rock Rally

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LJTim

Loves Light Bars
Jun 17, 2020
Utah
The Vernal Rock Rally is on June 19-20.
249F4C17-E867-4505-8476-E3E739291D14.jpeg

I just found your page while googling info on the squeeze. Not sure how I didn't know about this site @woody

I'm late to get many people on here in on the Vernal Rock Rally, but I'd like to let the group know about it. I have been spending time up there this past year wheeling some 7-9 rated spots and I really fell in love with it. It's no Sand Hollow, but nowhere is. The Vernal area has some Killer spots though, and more areas are being developed. The hope is with the help of our event, and participation of some clubs, and law enforcement, including some volunteered time to maintain, and a little patrolling, and proper trail use, the town will appreciate the visiting wheelers and tourism. There is some local rif raf that really tarnishes some of the areas. With more consistent use of people using an official trail system, hopefully we can get the area better respected, maintained and enjoyed more by out of towners.

Our event is starting small, we have a goal of 100 vehicles, and we will probably be just shy of that. The event consists of guided trail runs on 6 different trails for 2 days, a free play session in the buggy area, a vendor show, along with a winch race, RTI comp, slow crawl-off, food truck bbq dinner, and a raffle.

This is our first year. We have learned a lot that we will do differently next year, but despite the several curve balls we have had to deal with, we are excited for this weekend, and we're optimistic for a successful event.

I will post a follow up with pics and more info on this page so we can get some more broad interest as we make plans for next year.

I'm headed out Thursday morning, can't wait :) Changed my plans however and am bringing the wagon, so no #buggythings this trip. Planning to get a few MTB miles in as well ;)

I'm headed out Thursday morning, can't wait :) Changed my plans however and am bringing the wagon, so no #buggythings this trip. Planning to get a few MTB miles in as well ;)
I wondered which vehicle you'd bring. I was hoping to see the 70, but you're 80 is a bit more practical.

Day 1, Docs Beach, rated 7....lots of long steep climbs, and a few tight spots. Big group made for slow moving, too many photo ops 😉

IMG_20200619_092128.jpg
IMG_20200619_093626.jpg
IMG_20200619_095700.jpg
IMG_20200619_102509.jpg
IMG_20200619_104306.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom