Hello from Southern CO

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DrPow

Loves Light Bars
Oct 20, 2020
Pagosa Springs
Hi all, name's Mark. Moved out to the Rockies from New England in summer of '79 and promptly bought a new FJ40 at the advice of a pharmacist friend who said I needed a "utility vehicle" out here (he had an FJ55). Been wheeling in various degrees since, though not as hard core as most of you probably are. I had to rebuild the 79 back in the early 2000's thanks to a 17 yo running a stop sign at 50 mph. It turned out awesome but too shiny so I got a partial '65 FJ45 (no bed for instance) back in 2008 that had gotten a new 350 crate motor then put under a shed for 13yrs. I have been building it ever since, leaning more towards the rocks these last 5 yrs especially. It was missing a lot to start with, and has now gone through many, many iterations. Been going to Moab for 10 yrs now and am heading to Sand Hollow as soon as we can pull it off. At this point I'm pretty happy with what my 65CRUZR can do.

As purchased (bailing wire for hood hinges), and a few more recent.

TLC-FJ-4503.JPG

P1020659.JPG

KIMG0253.JPG

KIMG0254.JPG

I still love that rig!!!
Thanks Woody! I built a good size shop with a lift a couple years ago, so now with 300M axles, 6 shooter knuckles, and FJ60 rear springs up front, along with full float chromoly and 4 link in the rear, I got it right to 112 wheelbase. Added 5.29's too. Not a lot of up-travel up front I know but I love the old look too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom