RockCrawler.com King Shocks’ Jason Voss Wins Best in the Desert’s Bluewater Desert Challenge

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

King Shocks Takes Overall Wins in Trick Truck, Class 1500 and Class 10

Jason Voss was the man to beat at this years Best in the Desert Bluewater Desert Challenge in Parker, AZ. Coming in to the weekend nine points ahead of King Shocks teammate Lalo Laguna, the win marks his first of 2016 and sends him well on his way to earning yet another Best in the Desert Overall Points Championship.
c45958b7-76a1-43e7-9e1f-f15434fe1a76.jpg

Voss qualified fifth fastest, setting up a head-to-head start off the line with King Shocks teammate, Brett Sourapas. The two dumped in to the throttle and rocketed out in to the desert hot on each other heels. The two were pinned along Shea Road in the first three miles of the race course, inching along each other and clenching on to any position they could gain.

unnamed-3-6.jpg

Voss eventually won the battle and quickly jumped up to second truck on the road by RM17 on the first of three 26 mile laps where he would remain at the end of day 1. On corrected time however, Voss ended +00:00:25 ahead of Justin Lofton. With wide open air on day two, Voss extended his lead and finished +00:05:37 ahead of second place finisher, Shawn Croll.

unnamed-4-4.jpg

“We had two flawless days of racing,” commented Voss at the finish line. “In low mileage, multi day/lap races, it’s all or nothing. My King Shocks gave me the confidence to push through the dust and get myself to towards the front to battle Lofton on day 1. It was pretty dusty out there but we stayed out front the entire day 2 to get to the finish first.”

unnamed-5-4.jpg

King Shocks teammate Harley Letner was a contender for the overall after day one in Alpha #1570 car dubbed #TTDestroyer. Letner finished sixth overall on the day and held down the lead in Class 1500 by +00:00:43 over Cody Parkhouse. Having won the Bluewater Desert Challenge in 2014, Letner was a clear favorite to pull off the multi-day race. On day two, Letner pushed the pace in the front pack and ended fourth place overall and first in Class 1500.

unnamed-6-2.jpg

“I wasn’t racing for the class win. I was racing for the overall,” said Letner. “We were right up there but a flat put me back a bit on day one so I fell back a few spots. My YouTheory Racing #1570 car ran flawless all weekend. King Shocks allowed me to hammer down and push its limits all weekend and that really made the difference. 4th overall and 1st in Class 1500? I’ll take it.
Shane Earn put King Shocks on top the podium in Class 10. Earn was fastest both days but not without intense battles up front with the top four. Day one ended with four drivers within forty-two seconds of each other and Earn putting +00:00:35 on #1068 Blade Hildebrand. Earn immediately fell back +00:00:20 after the first lap on day two but stayed out front of Hildebrand on corrected time by +00:00:10 on lap two and +00:00:07 on lap three, taking the Class 10 win by just forty-two seconds after two days of racing. Earn came in two the Bluewater Desert Challenge 17 points ahead of Peter Hajas in the overall points standings and has now extended that lead with one remaining Best in the Desert race in the 2016 season.

Next up is the notorious SCORE-International Baja 1000 on November 16th-20th in Ensenada, Baja California, MX.

King Shocks has moved! We are proud to announce that
our Corporate Headquarters will relocate to:

12472 Edison Way
Garden Grove, CA 92841
Please note that telephone numbers as well as fax numbers remain unchanged.
FAX: 714-530-8702
TEL: 714-530-8701

It is a pleasure to inform you that our new premises will provide us with closer interdepartmental cooperation and further business efficiency in addition to accommodating our increased production demand and improving our working environment.​

We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere thanks for your continued patronage and support. As a valued customer of King Shocks, we invite you to come and see our new facility, including our Manufacturing, assembly, warehouse and office areas once we announce our Open House date. Again we greatly appreciate your continued support and cooperation.​

About King Shocks
King Shocks makes world-class desert racing shocks for trucks, buggies and UTV’s. King manufactures and hand assembles all of their shocks in Southern California. King Shocks has been the industry leader for over a decade and continues to leave the competition in the dust by providing the level of quality, performance and customer service that champions demand.​

About Race-Dezert.com
Race-Dezert.com was created by off-road enthusiasts, giving off-roaders a place online to share information about the sport and culture of off-road racing. Based in Southern California, Race-Dezert.com highlights the off-road disciplines of desert racing, short course off-road, stadium truck racing, rally raid, rally racing and rock crawling.​

Our goal is to connect the world of off-road racing globally, bringing people together through the common denominator of off-road culture. Whether you are a racer, a promoter, a chase team member, a casual fan, or just interested in learning about off-road, Race-Dezert.com is a place where you can learn about the sport and culture of off-road racing.​

The post King Shocks’ Jason Voss Wins Best in the Desert’s Bluewater Desert Challenge appeared first on RockCrawler 4x4 and Offroad Magazine.

Related posts:

1. Jason Voss and King Shocks Trick Truck Champions!
  2. JIMCO Racing’s Jason Voss Wins the BITD Silver State 300
  3. Letner Racing takes SCORE class 1 championship on King shocks

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom