Lets v6 power.

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ProFab

Spotter Required
Dec 14, 2020
Springfield Missouri
V6 motors, narrow, good sound, good powerband. What all is really out there that is practical? We have honda. Maybe a 4.3 but its heavy af. What else can be adapted to a gm transmission?

3.9 Chevy's are very common in buggies right now. I'm doing a 3.8 supercharged. Both are 60-degree bellhousings.
I've been looking for some info on them. Must be looking in the wrong g places because I'm not finding much honestly. I'll always be a chevy guy though.

I'm running a 3.9 LZ9. Just got it running in the buggy the other night. Has a good torque curve that claims 90% available by about 1500 rpm or so, though a lot of the info I saw it was actually by about 2500-2700. The caveat is they aren't very supported in the aftermarket so everything is custom fab. Have to build your own headers unless reusing stock, power steering pump mounts, etc.

The newer 4.3l (LV3) is very intriguing to me. All AL, power to weight is great and awesome torque curve. LS platform with 2 less cylinders, 5.3hp, and AL block. Whats not to like?

Current buggy has 4.3 Vortec. When I got it from previous owner ran ok. After few rides things got weird at idle and when “burping” throttle.
finally changed multiple sensors and the “spider” injection. 100% better. Seems like folks knock them from being finicky. When all the sensor got straightened out runs great.

The newer 4.3l (LV3) is very intriguing to me. All AL, power to weight is great and awesome torque curve. LS platform with 2 less cylinders, 5.3hp, and AL block. Whats not to like?
They are super tall, some have struggled with getting the tuning correct including throttle input smooth, additionally I have heard there have been alot of Direct Injection issues to the point that GM has parts backordered and people have started deleting it, which costs $$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom