Build Progress

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirtbag1

Spotter Required
May 11, 2023
Temecula California
Did some twisting around and found out.......few issues, but was able to get it all sorted out this weekend. Needed a little bit of frame clearance when the shocks were at full extend. This being first time I know now exactly what I would change on the chassis to get better angles. All good though this is why I wanted to build this from scratch. I have learned and will continue to learn. Love it. Anyway would like to here any comments good or bad go easy i'm a beginner and have never posted anything that I have done on a forum HAHA. I'm pretty happy with it so far and having fun building this thing, put in about 5hrs straight of welding time this weekend to get caught up to what I had fitted. Next is to start on the seats and dash.

Sami 1.jpg
Sami 2.jpg
Sami 3.jpg

I learned a ton on my first build 25ish years ago....mostly what not to do ;) Of course, that was early in the internets, so trial/error was a thing...I was a far better grinder than I was a welder :)

Great to see it come together! And FYI, wheel travel on the trail is always a bit more than in the shop, watch those clearances.

I learned a ton on my first build 25ish years ago....mostly what not to do ;) Of course, that was early in the internets, so trial/error was a thing...I was a far better grinder than I was a welder :)

Great to see it come together! And FYI, wheel travel on the trail is always a bit more than in the shop, watch those clearances.
It's funny how the "What not to do's" always stick out, but the 75% of the rest of it that you do good on is just that LOL. Gotta hold on to those small wins......HAHA. Appreciate the help with all the newbie questions. Also thank you for the help on the Air shocks, I followed your method and I get it now after doing it, Just can't wait to try it all out.
Good Note, glade I gave myself an extra inch on my clearances. Thanks Again

I have never been to a Rock Crawling event, and want to go real bad. Anyone know of anything coming up. I live in Southern California (Unfortunately) What would be a sorta close event that I could attend???

I have never been to a Rock Crawling event, and want to go real bad. Anyone know of anything coming up. I live in Southern California (Unfortunately) What would be a sorta close event that I could attend???
There's this little place called "Sand Hollow" that has some event thing called "Trail Hero" in a couple weeks. I might go, we'll see....

Johnson Valley is close to you, worth chasing down some regulars to that area and getting some seat time in.

There's this little place called "Sand Hollow" that has some event thing called "Trail Hero" in a couple weeks. I might go, we'll see....

Johnson Valley is close to you, worth chasing down some regulars to that area and getting some seat time in.
If you go to Trail Hero, I'd be glad to show you around. ;)

I have been to Sand Hollow, last year we took a trip out there. We had a blast. I'll have to look and see if I can get out there for that event at that time.

Dose the W.E.Rock event happen in Sand Hollow?? Or any other comps happen there?

I have been to Sand Hollow, last year we took a trip out there. We had a blast. I'll have to look and see if I can get out there for that event at that time.

Dose the W.E.Rock event happen in Sand Hollow?? Or any other comps happen there?
WE Rock is hosting an event at SH during Trail Hero on Friday. There is also a Cedar City WE Rock event in the spring (May usually).

Trail Breaker is on Thursday during Trail Hero this year, LCQ on Tuesday.

Goat Start.jpg
Goat 1.jpg
Goat.jpg
Goat2.jpg

Build Update. First pic is what I started with. I bought off a guy for $100 bucks, plus a rusted hood-half a tub and windshield. Little over 2 years building in my garage by myself I drove this thing for the first time this weekend! Actually drove well didn't catch on fire and stayed together!! No leaks......Yet. Took it to my work and barrowed the forklift to flex it out to make sure everything was clearing and no binding, and some poser shots!
I have a windshield that I'm going to take the glass out of. Dose anyone know what is the best plastic to use for a windshield for this? Lexan? Plexiglass? I have no experience with that stuff but wanted to use to Sami windshield frame. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom