Decent UTV for a kid?

Discussion in 'Side by Sides and UTV's' started by ModernMama, Mar 16, 2011.

1. ModernMama

ModernMama New Member

Hi, my son has been pestering me for an ATV for months but those things scare me to death so I thought a UTV might be a decent compromise. I've been all over the internet trying to find reviews for a lower priced model and I'm not having a lot of luck, so I hope you can help me.

Shopping around, I've seen a lot of UTVs that cost as much as a good used car! I don't want to spend a ton of money on a new UTV, but I'm also nervous about buying a used one since my husband is far from handy.

Can anyone tell me if this is a decent machine and a decent price? Will it require much maintenance?

150cc UTV

2. woody

woody eternal noobie Staff Member Media Partner

3. Mace

Mace Staff Member

3K for that rig is not worth it compared to the RZR 170 that Woody posted. My kids are harrassing me quite a bit for one.

4. RZRDuner1

RZRDuner1 New Member

The RZR 170 is a solid machine, I looked at one for my kid but opted for an ATV since they're pretty stable. Its a lot of UTV for 4K. Or you could buy him a Commander and pray he doesn't kill anyone or himself.

5. woody

I'm actually surprised no one else has stepped into the youth UTV market...

6. commonway

commonway New Member

I bought a RZR 170 for my kids. Power to weight ratio is just enough for some off roading and trail ride. Maintenance is also not that expensive. Most of all my kids enjoys it.

woody likes this.
  7. commonway

commonway New Member

By the way bought a set of Itp wheels and tires from 4wheelonline. It surely added beauty into and plus awesome performance.

8. woody

impossible to buy one and not start upgrading :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted