Build JHF Trail Chassis

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

your not a hack by any means. but i get when you feel like maybe its a bit out of your wheel house and want the shop who has the tools and knowledge to do it just do it. but then when they cant read a tape its a head scratcher for sure....

@woody You running a lockup or non-lockup converter? Manual VB or Reverse VB? Engine braking? Im about to get my 700r4 rebuilt and am wanting reverse manual VB w/ braking and also want to run a non-lockup converter, but not sure i can with the RMVB.

@woody You running a lockup or non-lockup converter? Manual VB or Reverse VB? Engine braking? Im about to get my 700r4 rebuilt and am wanting reverse manual VB w/ braking and also want to run a non-lockup converter, but not sure i can with the RMVB.
So, it was built about 15 years ago, so I'm not positive. It is manual VB, not reversed, and has excellent braking. Converter was a stock HD/towing.

I honestly see more disadvantages to RVB than positives....I have zero issues pushing from 1 to R, even tho I rip thru 2-3-4-N to get there. If I'm in 2nd to launch a climb and need to slap 1st at the top, the RVB means I might over shift into N or R...no chance of that with a standard pattern since the bottom gate is 1 with nowhere else to go.

To each their own, both work.

Do you have the TCC lockup wired up?
Good question, I've never checked 🙃 There are no external wires to the 700. Unsure if that's internal or what. It's worked flawlessly, so I don't mess with it. Did ALL the things to it available at the time. Corvette sun, 5 pinion planetary, etc. You'd hate me if you knew how little I spent back then....

Good question, I've never checked 🙃 There are no external wires to the 700. Unsure if that's internal or what. It's worked flawlessly, so I don't mess with it. Did ALL the things to it available at the time. Corvette sun, 5 pinion planetary, etc. You'd hate me if you knew how little I spent back then....
Yeah, it would requires some wiring on that 4-prong square plug on the trans. I dont want to hook anything up either.

Quotes on a built trans have been hurting my feelings lately, with a couple local builders asking me "why a 700r4". lol

I am using a rmvb on my 700 with stock lockup converter wired to only lock in 4th. I was poisonings going to do a basic shift kit but didn't want to have to mess with the TV cable so going full manual eliminates that. IMO an stock pattern automatic vb use a SHO shifter and a full manual vb use a gated Winters shifter to prevent the potential over shift.

Test run today....a few minor issues that took an hour to fix. Brakes need to be re-bled, on this list this week when new tires arrive.

received_3593295900914257.jpeg

received_6859922527351736.jpeg

I am using a rmvb on my 700 with stock lockup converter wired to only lock in 4th. I was poisonings going to do a basic shift kit but didn't want to have to mess with the TV cable so going full manual eliminates that. IMO an stock pattern automatic vb use a SHO shifter and a full manual vb use a gated Winters shifter to prevent the potential over shift.
The RAD Designs shifters also can be set up with pins like the Winters gates.

Do you know if they will offer them in a 17" wheel? I'm guessing no but thought I'd ask. How much clearance do you have under the diffs with 42's?
Under pumpkin (Toy 8") is 18" Same as my skids, or close ;)

So, Milestar has said they'd like to do 17's. IMO, I'll be surprised. These are $655ea RETAIL versus $1450 for Treps. $1450x4=$5800. $655x4=$2620. That's $3000+ for 20" beadlocks, and yoiu can sell your existing 17's. ZERO financial sense to make 17's.

New thread in Vendor soon, I'll be "stocking" these in StG area.

How'd the tires do? And any more pics of the car behind you? Chassis looks interesting.
Tires did great, obviously still need to work the edges to make them better, but the 3 runs I've made have been great.

That's a Hulse chassis that belongs to MattyJ - 3 Seater, super clean build. Love the lines on these and how well they perform.

I haven't had any complaints, but I'm mostly idle or just off idle. If you are a throttle jockey, then they might be restrictive.

Bump for some updates and tech on your new 3.5" rams Woody.
ooohh....so those are for a couple new builds, and while I got permission to take the pic and know FAR too much about the product, I need to keep that stuff under wraps until I get permission to run with it.

Needless to say, the rams are part of a ridiculous parts list for a couple buggy builds. Lots of new products, including full billet steering pumps, billet portal C's, and more stuff I can't talk about.

Yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom