1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New from Long Island

Discussion in 'Guest Book' started by Todjo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Todjo

Todjo New Member

Started getting into RC's by late October. I just bought an Axial SCX10 with a Ford Pickup body. Friends have the same chassis with other bodies. I really think mine sits to high. She looks good but lacks in the stability. Any experiences with this chassis? What about weighted ties & rims?

Thanks
    Todd

2. woody

woody eternal noobie Staff Member Media Partner

I've got an AX10 converted into a full on buggy...

heavily weighted front tires, lightly weighted rears, two-stage front foams, single stage rears, custom suspension all around (mounts and links and everything), front dig.

I ended up with a chassis switch to lower everything...my lower links are actually flat now, it's that low. But it climbs and sidehills amazingly, and with the 55t Novak motor and a TorqueMaster ESC, it has plenty of burst to handle the breakovers.

Also, move your battery onto the front axle...I did a custom plate with the servo on one side and a single 3-cell lipo on the other side.

I swear these are more expensive than the 1:1 trucks...uugh

I've got an SCX10 too...kept it stockish...outside of major adjustments (ie: starting over), it wasn't worth the work...too much fun as is :)

3. lgrt

lgrt New Member

Welcome... Hope to see your progress on this build.