Rear Air shock angles

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirtbag1

Spotter Required
May 11, 2023
Temecula California
Im setting up my rear air shocks and have been looking around at some differences on how people are mounting them. I do not know why or witch way is good or bad or if there is a good or bad. My rear axle shock mount comes off the back side of the axle housing, I currently have the top of the shock at a slight angle towards the front of the rig (about 5*) Also I have a very slight angle in at the top (about 5*). I have not cycled everything yet with shocks on to see if anything is hitting but will this weekend, wondered if anyone can shed some light on me with any rule of thumbs or your an idiot!!! I take a step back and look at what i'm doing and think too much. I don't have anyone around to bounce ideas off or have done any of this before so I appreciate any help!!

Cycle the suspension and make sure everything clears. That's the most important thing.

Beyond that, you can gain some stability by having the shock not go past 90deg to the axle at full compression on articulation.

You can gain some travel by leaning the rear shocks towards the front of the vehicle, although too much and the shock starts to loose its effectiveness.

Cycle the suspension and make sure everything clears. That's the most important thing.

Beyond that, you can gain some stability by having the shock not go past 90deg to the axle at full compression on articulation.

You can gain some travel by leaning the rear shocks towards the front of the vehicle, although too much and the shock starts to loose its effectiveness.
I figured that when I cycle the suspension my whole game plan will probably change but hoping for the best HAHA. So I see a lot of the buggies and the top of the shocks have a fairly steep angle in at the top, Is this like your saying to get more stability and or travel? Due to packaging i'm limited to how much of that angle I can have but tried to get some. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom