Switch Panels

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirtbag1

Spotter Required
May 11, 2023
Temecula California
Looking for some info on anyone that has used a switch panel for there rig. Was wondering if you can do everything off these panels? Engine start,Air compressor,Front Rear Lockes and front head lights and tail lights? Looked at Switch pros and Auxbeam. Big price difference so was wondering why. one do more or have more capabilities? I'm starting from just an engine wire harness so would be nice to keep it simple with just a Pannel. Thanks for any info!!

Auxbeam is budget friendly, but I know a couple people who have had issues with theirs. I had one and opted to go old school with standalone switches/buttons.

Crazy the price differences between the two...

I love my switch pros panel in my rig. It runs everything. You can combine multiple switches into one. There are 17 outputs on the RCR-12 panel. 4x heavy duty amp switches. The app is awesome and is where you set everything up. It has bluetooth. Made in the USA. Tech support is top notch. You get what you pay for in my opinion.

Last edited:
I have only used the Switchpro's, but I can say its a quality product. I've only used it to control lights and lockers on a vehicle, but I'd like to look into it for use as a complete wiring harness solution. If you look at the cost of all the parts to wire a vehicle, something like a Switchpro isn't as bad as it seems.

We had a SwitchPro issue yesterday with Jeff McKinlay's buggy. No power to the 8-switch panel, power seemed fine to the main unit and to the Holley display. Guessing the cheap 4-pin non-sealed connection just off the switch panel had a bad connection. I suggest replacing this with something sealed.

I know people love these things, but I can literally pull a single switch and hot wire my entire buggy in minutes.

We had a SwitchPro issue yesterday with Jeff McKinlay's buggy. No power to the 8-switch panel, power seemed fine to the main unit and to the Holley display. Guessing the cheap 4-pin non-sealed connection just off the switch panel had a bad connection. I suggest replacing this with something sealed.

I know people love these things, but I can literally pull a single switch and hot wire my entire buggy in minutes.
I'm sure they work well, the simplicity seems cool. I spoke to a buddy of mine who helped my make a wire harness for my Harley, he has built a dozen or so harnesses for people and his VW projects. He said he will help me build one and will be alot cheaper and he will explain it all to me so if a problem comes up I will know what to do if it has anything to do with the wiring or relays, assuming similar to your setup. He's says old school is the best school!! LOL

I have the switch pro 8. It is very neat with adjustable amps and self resetting circuit breakers. Very easy to install. I have a key that powers the switch pro. I programmed the power button to turn on the ARB and ignition and computer and fuel pump. Then I hit the start button. Power button kills engine but lights, ARB. I have a fan override switch that can remain on after power button is pushed. Key is only for security and turns everything off. If it malfunctions I am screwed

3C65660D-B608-4D2E-BE4B-0DF646000EC5.jpeg

2F94D17D-2861-4CF0-974F-6A7C4D87B7B0.jpeg

CDBE32A8-1FF0-42E5-8212-3EF67AC0883B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom