2012 marked a year of significant improvements & growth
- King of the Hammers is now known and respected as the single toughest one day off-road race in the world and has become the “no miss” event. A full vendor show complements five stand alone racing events culminating in Friday’s Griffin King of the Hammers.
- Hammertown not only became a city in desert, but a full service event venue.
- Spectators watched the action live from Hammertown via the largest mobile HD LED jumbotron available and a strategically prepared short course and hot pit area.
- Cutting edge live show integrating wireless cameras to a microwave and satellite feed was tested and successful, paving the way for expanded future coverage. Online spectators turned out en masse to watch the action. Viewership quadrupled from 2011.
- Race day was a success for vendors. Hammertown was no longer a ghost town on race day, but a major revenue and exposure opportunity for our partners.
- Strategic media plan focused on branding KOH and maximizing media beyond a handful of endemic media outlets.
- King of the Hammers continues to be a mark of credibility and durability in automotive and racing.
2012 Griffin King of the Hammers – By the Numbers
- 30,000 attendees – Official BLM and local Sheriff estimate
- 242 Registered drivers
- 83 Pre-qualified Griffin King of the Hammers drivers
- 62 4Wheel Parts Time Trials – Last Chance Qualifier drivers
- 39 Pit Bull Tires King of the Hammers UTV drivers
- 36 SMITYBILT Every Man Challenge drivers
- 21 Invited King of the Motos riders
- 186,143 Total views (rebroadcast not included)
- 113,318 Unique viewers
- Average time per viewer – 26 minutes
- 36,422 unique chat participants
- 14,362 comments posted to live chat
- 13,773 post event chat replays
YouTube: (4 weeks post event)
- 500,000+ YouTube downloads including sponsor and media generated videos
YouTube/Ultra4Racing channel with cinematic quality activated at KOH –
- 118,200 unique views of the 2012 Highlights Video
- 167,000 views of Ultra4 generated KOH content
- 277 onsite registered edia
- 33 minutes – television news
- 86 minutes – radio
- 34 scheduled print magazine features | 12 print newspaper features
- 300+ website features and pickups (media outlets only – forums and social media not included)
- Speed TV – post event broadcast
- Feature length DVD release – June 2012
- International, national, regional
- General news, sports, endemic and general automotive
- ESPN Sports Center (6 airings on Top 10)
- Yahoo! Homepage USA
- Yahoo! Homepage Japan
- Sports Illustrated
- News television: 33 minutes – 11 regional airings (Fox/CBS/ABC)
- Radio: 86 minutes – 6 shows
- Newspaper: 12 features
- Websites: 300+ pickups (news only – not including forums & social
- Daytona 500 coverage – name mention
- Inc. Magazine
- Daily Mail – UK
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Speed – “Lucas Oil on the Edge”
- Wealth TV – “Boys Toys” in 3D
Major automotive coverage including:
- 34+ magazine print features
- Truck Trend / Motor Trend
- 4Wheel & Off-Road
- Dirt Sports
- Four Wheeler
- Marathon Rally
- All endemic outlets
- 11 international automotive print outlets covering – Japan, Australia, Sweden, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Russia, Belgium, Spain.
Complete media recap with metrics available 6/1/2012