Submit Picture by Friday December 9th to Winning@BowerMedia.com
MESA, AZ November 30, 2016: Cora Jokinen at Torq-Masters Industries is a business owner, racer and welder. Together with the Ladies Offroad Network, we want to support lady welders around the country. Cora’s relationship with Miller Electric Welders has allowed her the opportunity to put a Women’s Miller Digital Elite Helmet (Retail $317), Women’s Welding Large Jacket, and 3 pairs of Miller Welding Gloves up for grabs.
“People often say, ‘women make the best welders’ but sometimes that’s hard with ill-fitting safety gear. I want to help those women who are already welding step up their game with the best safety gear in the industry, specifically designed for women, from Miller Electric Welders,” said Cora Jokinen, President, Torq-Masters Industries. “My Grandfather told me to get an education and learn a trade. While in college I took classes to learn how to weld because I couldn’t afford to buy Jeep parts from the catalogues and I wanted to make my own parts. Fast forward 15 years, my company is making thousands of parts a year for my fellow Offroaders, that passion to create and innovate still strong, and Miller Welders are still in my garage.”
Cora approached the Ladies Offroad Network to host this fun contest. “I am very excited to be able to reach out to all the welding ladies with the opportunity that Cora offered and with Miller Welders generosity,” said Charlene Bower, owner of Bower Media and Ladies Offroad Network. “This contest is a stepping stone to a very exciting 4-day event that we have planned for garage girls in 2017. In my travels I have talked to lady welders, fabricators and mechanics who feel they are the only one of their kind that exists. I know that isn’t the case, and I look forward to being able to bring them together in an educational, networking and fun format.” More information on the 2017 Ladies Offroad Garage event will be released soon.
Any lady welder can participate, no purchase necessary, no age limit. The steps to winning the prize packages are listed below:
1. Take a picture of you welding or with one of your prize welding projects.
2. Submit your Photo, with Name, Email, Phone Number and Shipping Address to Winning@BowerMedia.com
* All submissions will receive (5) 2016 Ladies Offroad Network Participation Points
>> Submission deadline end of day Friday December 9th
3. We will take your picture and frame it up nicely with your name! Yes, fancy!
4. We will post a gallery on the Ladies Offroad Network Group Page with all the submissions. We will post on Monday December 12th and will follow up with an email to you with your specific link.
>> Photos will be ready to vote on by 12pm PST Monday December 12th
5. You have until Friday Dec 16th at 12pm PST to get the most Likes, Shares or Comments on your photo. The group is Public so anyone can participate in this part – guys or girls.
>> Contest will close at 12pm PST Friday December 16th
7. Cora and Charlene will go Facebook LIVE on the Ladies Offroad Network Group page at 3pm PST December 16thto announce the winner of the three prizes. The winners will be determined by logging the highest number of Likes, Shares and Comments
>> 1st prize – Women’s Miller Digital Elite Helmet (Retail $317), Miller Welding Gloves
>> 2nd Prize – Women’s Welding Jacket, Large, from Miller Welders, Miller Welding Gloves
>> 3rd Prize – Miller Welding Gloves
We look forward to seeing and sharing pictures of amazing welding girls. A great opportunity to show the world women weld! Web Link: www.ladiesoffroadnetwork.com/lifestyle/welding-contest
About Ladies Offroad Network: Ladies Offroad Network is dedicated to supporting all offroad ladies by guiding, educating, and motivating them to achieve their goals. Whether you are a driver, co-driver, racer, passenger, mother, business owner, worker, or hobbyist, you are welcome. We aim to meet the needs of every lady who loves offroad by providing a space to learn more about offroad sports, chat with other ladies from around the world, and share stories with a community that has the same passion. The Network consists of a informational website, conversational forum, fun Facebook group and hands-on interactive events. www.ladiesoffroadnetwork.com