Locker Air supply

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirtbag1

Spotter Required
May 11, 2023
Temecula California
In the process of my build i'm using yukon zip lockers front and rear. Was thinking about using a C02 tank for the supply to them but haven't heard anyones experience with this set-up. Or is using the air compressor the way to go? Thanks

Agree with Woody. (did I say that? :confused:) Having something that you rely on (lockers) with an unreliable power supply is counter intuitive to me. I know people who did it, more because they thought it was nifty than anything else. And I've seen people run out of air. I've got the small ARB in my buggy and it does the job for lockers and will air up a tire in a pinch. I have the big dual ARB in my JK and it kicks ass airing up tires.

I ran a power tank jet pack for my rear 14-bolt ARB. I had two tanks and never had a problem. I think each tank could lock and unlock the ARB around 500 times. The biggest problem I had was finding someone to fill the tank correctly. Multiple times it was filled, and they only got it half full. If I go to ARB again, I will have an onboard compressor.

Right on! Thank you for the comments, think I will go with the small air compressor and not have to worry about it. I know I will forget to fill that tank and will pissed off as all hell at myself lol. Thanks again!!

on my trail rig I carry a 10lb. Co2 with 100psi regulator for tire issues and as a back up for my ARB compressor if it dies and I can by pass solenoids or electrical issues if needed. 15 plus years of carrying the Co2 tank I have only used it once to bypass the ARB compressor. Problem ended up being a stuck solenoid which I could have fixed on the trail quicker that hooking up the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom