Trail Hero 2024

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirtbag1

Spotter Required
May 11, 2023
Temecula California
Planning a trip out for Trail Hero 2024, this will be my first time to this event so I have a few nubie questions.
Getting a camp spot at a place down the way from the state park and i'm not very interested in signing up for trail rides. Just sorta wanted to do my own thing-Is this possible? Do I just have to pay to get into the park everyday or will I have to pay for the event everyday? Also wanted to watch the trail breaker and W.E.r.o.c.k event as well. Just not sure how all this worked? Thanks!!

One option is the Hardcore pass. $200 (I think), covers daily park access, bands, in-park events, Vendor access, CartoTracks maps, etc and has it's own raffle for buggy-related stuff. plus the buggy-sized trash sack. Looks like registration opens May 1.

You can access the trails and WE Rock/Trail Breaker events 100% free. Park at Waddy's Corral (no State Park access needed). Should you need to enter the State Park, the daily pass is $20 for out of state'rs. Access to any bands would be additional as well.

Free boondock camping is available in the Washington Dam area. It will be packed. I'm unsure how the camping stuff is handled for attendees in the State Park, I've been part of the core staff since day 1, so we get our stuff reserved early since we need to be on-site the entire week. (My wife has run registration for the past few years, and I manage event/comp recovery)

One option is the Hardcore pass. $200 (I think), covers daily park access, bands, in-park events, Vendor access, CartoTracks maps, etc and has it's own raffle for buggy-related stuff. plus the buggy-sized trash sack. Looks like registration opens May 1.

You can access the trails and WE Rock/Trail Breaker events 100% free. Park at Waddy's Corral (no State Park access needed). Should you need to enter the State Park, the daily pass is $20 for out of state'rs. Access to any bands would be additional as well.

Free boondock camping is available in the Washington Dam area. It will be packed. I'm unsure how the camping stuff is handled for attendees in the State Park, I've been part of the core staff since day 1, so we get our stuff reserved early since we need to be on-site the entire week. (My wife has run registration for the past few years, and I manage event/comp recovery)
Right on thanks woody I was hoping you would respond, I have heard your the MAN out there on this event. So I'm coming from california🤮 and will be headed out there on Wednesday the week of. I have stayed at the desert Canyon RV park before and drove my rig to the park and wheeled. I have a new rig now that is not as road friendly but was just gonna give that a whirl HAHA. I have a license plate for it, so I got that going for me. My other option was to stay at a hotel and have my truck and rig on trailer and just drive to the park and do the unload-load thing everyday, but was thinking with the event going on that would be a pain in the a$$. If I RV it I just don't have a way to get my rig back to RV and campground if I break it, but was thinking there will probably be tow service of some kind?

Recovery every year gets more and more overwhelmed, we never know who will be out there assisting until close to the event. Ideally, everyone is self sufficient. Any "tows" for event participants are strictly to a staging area, and would assume someone you are wheeling with is capable of assisting.

There is a plan for dedicated tow-rig/trailer parking for participants. That stuff all gets covered during the Trail Hero Tuesday videos on FB. I honestly don't keep up :)

Last edited:
Right on, Thank you for the info. I'm thinking Taking the RV and towing the rig will be my best option and hope to talk a buddy into making the trip with me so ill have a recovery plan LOL. Thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom