Tread Lightly Tread Lightly! Impact Report: Manchester Dispersed Campsite Signage

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Project: Manchester Dispersed Campsite Signage
Project #36/50
State: Vermont

Description: This project was funded by the Quadratec 50 for 50 Initiative. Together with Tread Lightly!, Quadratec has committed to fund a project to improve off-road trails and public lands in each state over 24 months.

On November 30, 2023, five volunteers installed 20 Carsonite posts and stickers in dispersed camping areas in the Manchester District,

Thank you to the following partners for their support:

“Working in the Green Mountain National Forest is near and dear to my heart, having used it for recreation all my life. Installing carsonite posts with camping tips on the legal dispersed camping sites, will help motorized recreation visitors find the right spots to enjoy the beauty that our public lands have to offer.” -Ron Harrington, Ridgeback Guide Service, Ambassador of the Year 2022

“It was great getting together with good people out to take care of some of the very few dispersed campsites we have access to here in New England. It’s also great to see Tread Lightly! events here in the East. We’re losing access to so many great trails and places to camp. Thanks Ron for putting this together – sign me up for the next one!” -Aaron Lawrence, Master TREAD Trainer

“The Tread Lightly 50 for 50 Vermont project was important to me because the area we covered is some of the best dispersed camping in VT. It was very enjoyable to get out with like minded people and help make the area better for future users.” -Luke Ahern

“The work carried out at the dispersed campsite in the Green Mountains provided a rewarding experience by allowing us to see Vermont from a different perspective. Our efforts aimed to educate visitors in the area on the most effective ways to protect the space they are recreating in, ensuring its preservation for future enjoyment.” -Nick Beinar, Home Base Veteran Outreach Program Lead

Want to get involved in your own Tread Lightly! project? Find upcoming activities, events and grant opportunities at treadlightly.org.

IMG_5042-1024x768.jpg

IMG_5052-1024x768.jpg

IMG_5056-768x1024.jpg

IMG_5059-768x1024.jpg

IMG_5062-768x1024.jpg

IMG_5074-1024x768.jpg

tl-vt-5050-footage-thumbnail-1024x576.jpg

The post Tread Lightly! Impact Report: Manchester Dispersed Campsite Signage appeared first on Tread Lightly.

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom