(March 15, 2011 Simi Valley, CA) In staying true to their heritage GenRight Off-Road has just released the new Crawler Gas Tank for the Jeep Cherokee XJ. Now you can explore the back country with the confidence of a GenRight gas tank!
The Crawler tank for the XJ will bolt right into any XJ Cherokee and includes an extra five gallons of gas! Giving you a 25 gallon capacity, now you will be able to stay out on the trail longer without worrying about running out of gas!
The tank was specifically designed to hold an EXTRA 5 gallons of fuel AND still fit in the stock location without drilling any new holes! This tank bolts in to the rear under area to replace your stock gas tank for those long distance trips and keeps your center of gravity low by carrying the extra fuel down low in the stock location and eliminating the need for extra cans on your spare tire carrier.
The XJ gas tank has the same relation to the axle as the factory gas tank and occupies the exact same space as the stock tank. Don’t worry about it fitting with your lift kit or larger wheels and tires. It’s simple, if your suspension lift & axle combination works with your stock tank, it will work with the GenRight Crawler tank too.
GenRight’s Crawler gas tank for the Cherokee is made out of 1/8″ thick Aluminum and comes complete with a 3/16 steel skid plate. The gas tank utilizes all factory hardware including the factory fuel pump, roll over /vent valves, and emissions equipment so it will blend in seamlessly with your Cherokee.
- Made from 1/8″ thick Aluminum alloy and TIG welded.
- Includes a matching heavy duty 3/16″ thick skid plate.
- A foam liner is between the tank and skid plate.
- Stainless steel strap hold the tank in the skid plate.
- Multiple internal baffles to reduce fuel movement & keep fuel near the pick up.
- Re-uses your stock Jeep XJ fuel pump/sending unit.
- Works with the factory emissions and other related equipment so you will not get any check engine lights or other engine computer issues.
- Ground clearance is the same as stock or slightly lower depending on the model year Jeep you have.
- 25 Gallon total fuel capacity.
- Includes factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- Patent Pending.
- For more information on the XJ crawler tank visit GenRight.com