The latest pickups to roll out of GM headquarters are the all-new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon – both of which have since picked up the coveted title of 2015 “Truck of the Year”. Realizing the true potential of the new mid-size pickups, ICON quickly got to work developing a COMPLETE suspension system that delivers an entirely new level of performance to these vehicles. After hours of in-house research and development, ICON Vehicle Dynamics is proud to announce a lineup of 1.75-3” performance suspension systems for the 2015-UP Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon.
As soon as the new Colorado rolled into HQ, ICON engineers were eager to get it onto a lift to begin a complete analysis of the truck in stock form. The goal of this was to identify any limiting factors and weak points in OE components that could be improved upon while also looking for opportunities to increase wheel travel. It is during this phase of R&D that ICON aims to develop a truly vehicle-specific suspension system. Through a combination of CAD development, shock dyno study, and real world testing a selection of 2.5 Series coilovers and shocks, 2.0 Aluminum Series shocks, and a tubular steel upper control arm kit were introduced and organized into several stages that each deliver a unique level of performance to the Colorado (and Canyon).
ICON Vehicle Dynamics’ staged suspension systems offer 1.75-3” of total lift height, allowing for the fitment of larger and more aggressive wheel/tire combinations. Wheel travel has been increased by 25% over stock, which makes for a much more comfortable ride both on and off-road. ICON’s stage 1 system establishes a remarkable level of performance with quality components that include Eibach coil springs, FK Rod End bearings, and ICON’s signature manufacturing quality. As the stages progress ICON control arms, larger shocks, and additional technology are introduced to further increase the overall performance of the Colorado.
ICON products are all proudly made in the USA at our Southern California based facility by a team of passionate off-road enthusiasts. With a reputation for quality, performance, and service, it’s clear that ICON Vehicle Dynamics is the top choice for performance suspension systems and shock absorbers for the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon.
- 25% increase in wheel travel over stock
- Height-adjustable coilovers offer 1.75-3” of lift *
- Vehicle-specific shock valving provides unparalleled ride quality
- Eibach coil springs guaranteed for life against sagging or breakage
- FK Rod End bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- ICON shocks are completely revalveable and rebuildable
- Remote reservoir option and CDCV (Compression Damping Control Valve) adjuster available
- CDCV (Compression Damping Control Valve) allows for quick adjustments to compression characteristics of the shocks to provide the perfect ride across any terrain – all without a single tool
- ICON tubular upper control arm provides 1.6 degree caster increase for improved handling characteristics
- 100% bolt-on system makes for a straightforward install
- Made in the USA