Applications for Grants up to $5,000 Now Being Accepted for 2016
Suwanee, Ga. (November 11, 2015) – Omix-ADA®, the world’s largest independent manufacturer and wholesaler of Jeep® parts and accessories, today announced it will continue grant funding for its popular Rugged Ridge Trail Access Program for the 2016 calendar year. The program makes grants of up to $5,000 available to organizations helping to advance the off-road hobby.
First announced at the 2013 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, the company has awarded over $60,000 to date to a number of non-profit off-road organizations in support of the off-road hobby and public land access, including:
- Off-Road Business Association (ORBA) – a national non-profit trade association of motorized off-road related businesses formed to promote and preserve off-road recreation.
- Stay the Trail – a program of the Responsible Recreation Foundation committed to encourage the responsible use of the roads and trails that are open to motorized recreation in Colorado.
- Colorado OHV Coalition (COHVCO) – an environmental organization that advocates and promotes the responsible use and conservation of public lands and natural resources to preserve the aesthetic and recreational qualities of the outdoors for future generations.
- Blue Ribbon Coalition – a national recreation group that champions responsible recreation and encourages individual environmental stewardship.
- Piston’s Wild – a combined motor sports club that works to ensure that all outdoor motor sports will still be accessible for many years to come in the Pacific Northwest. This club promotes opening 4×4 trails in the Yacolt Burn Forest Area and to improve the overall recreation experience for all motorized sports enthusiasts.
Designed to “Create, Maintain, and Protect,” the two-year success of the program has encouraged President & Owner Al Azadi to continue to reach greater heights; starting with grant approvals for 2016. Each of the grants- which come as part of Azadi’s larger philanthropic effort– were designated for use toward education, stewardship, litigation, or any other activity advocating the conservation of public land and access to recreational trails.
“We adopted the motto ‘Create, Maintain, and Protect’ because it reflects the true founding principles of this program,” said Dave Logan, Program Coordinator and Product Manager at Omix-ADA. “The grants that we contribute go a long way towards protecting and maintaining public OHV trails across America.
Rugged Ridge looks forward to supporting additional organizations in 2016 and onward to help advance the off-road hobby.
Grant applicants must be a US 501(c) or Canadian non-profit organization. Grants are now available for Canadian Trails.
For additional information on the Rugged Ridge Trail Access Program, or to apply online for grants of up to $5,000, visitwww.ruggedridge.com/trailaccess.
ABOUT OMIX-ADA, INC.
Omix-ADA®, Inc. is the world’s largest independent manufacturer and wholesaler of Jeep®, truck and off-road parts, accessories and floor liners. For more than two decades, Omix-ADA has designed, tested and manufactured more than 16,000 of the highest quality restoration and replacement parts and accessories. The Omix-ADA family of brands, Rugged Ridge® and Alloy USA®, are distributed throughout the USA and in more than 70 countries worldwide. For more information, please call Omix-ADA, headquartered in Suwanee, GA at 770-614-6101 or visit http://www.omix-ada.com.