22r not getting spark

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

icrawl83

Loves Light Bars
Nov 11, 2012
I have a 83 Toyota with a 22r I changed the plugs and wires and noticed the previous owner has cross threaded the #1 spark plug into the head. it had about two threads left so I installed the plug to see what would happen and it blew the spark plug out of the engine. I put in a heli coil and new plug and now the truck turns over but wont crank.. What could be the problem? Coil pack??

It ran before?

double check the wire order...then check for spark at the plugs...if none, then spark at the cap from the coil...if none, then keep backtracking the electrical :)

gota love gremlins...

Yeh it ran fine before I changed the plugs and then blew one out lol, I was just doing routine maintenance and figured why not change the plugs and wires now this. So to check the spark on the plugs should I just undo the wires from the dizzy and lay them on the valve cover and see if I get a spark?

I disconnected the wire from the distributor that runs to the coil ,and put it on the valve cover to see if I was getting a spark from the coil and when I turned the motor over I saw nothing. I figured I would try the coil first since that is what sends a spark to all the plugs right? Did I do this right ? And is there any other way to test the coil pack? the truck sounds like there is no spark at all im almost positive that is the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom