1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3" springs and u-bolt flip.....

Discussion in 'Trails - Events - Comps - Racing' started by wes, Jan 26, 2013.

1. wes

wes Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Got new 3" front springs. And did a front u-bolt flip. It's an 83 yota so I don't know if any one else has had this problem but on the drivers side the steering arm hangs so low I had to cut the u-bolt threads flush with the top of the nut. It was preventing me from turning right.... So after some cutting and grinding I can now turn right. Ill have pix soon of that trouble spot soon I ran out of day light.

Attached Files:

2. wes

wes Member

Dec 3, 2012
    And I will be doing the rear flip kit very soon have the parts just not the time today.... Pix soon

3. woody

woody eternal noobie Staff Member Media Partner

Oct 12, 2010
    Male
    Still running the factory push-pull steering, or have you changed to a true crossover? (IFS box conversion)

Most of my steering setups have been cozy...even running thinner jam nuts on the pitman arm to clear the spring pack :)

4. wes

wes Member

Dec 3, 2012
    So if I do the IFS box will it fix this problem?

5. woody

woody eternal noobie Staff Member Media Partner

Oct 12, 2010
    Male
    it might...do you have a pic of what exactly is contacting?

The banana-arm stock steering generates a lot of bump steer...switching to an IFS crossover setup can solve that..and I'll "guess" it's the banana arm OR the connection between the push-pull stock steering box and the banana that's hitting now...