Backflip aftermath...

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

eternal noobie
Staff member
Oct 12, 2010
Toquerville UT
Arrived at Wolf Caves (Mason TX) on Sunday March 11th and 60 minutes later I'd successfully performed a full backflip off the "zero" line of IQ Test...I obviously failed :)

Took this video immediately afterwards, and we did some field repairs (rescue tape and welding, mostly) and it performed well for the rest of the week at Wolf Caves and Katemcy Rocks K2.

Went thru the rig today and didn't find anything else significant (other than tranny mount adjustments, and some more PS repairs), so hopefully things are good to go for Moab and EJS next week :)

Replaced the rescue tape with a real fitting today....
20180321_150603.jpg

Everyone turned off their video stuff just prior....no pics mid-flip either. Just my luck :)

Sam didn't arrive there until Wed late, and I was already off to Katemcy by then :) Guess he DID "try" IQ Test but struggled in the bottom bowl before the two climb options :)

Well shoot.. I'm sure you earned it lol
That's to bad you guys weren't able to hook up. I assume trip was great other than that.. it looks real fun!!

I am a big fan of rescue tape! IMO you came out of this little flip in remarkably good shape. My last one required replacing the entire front end .

I am a big fan of rescue tape! IMO you came out of this little flip in remarkably good shape. My last one required replacing the entire front end .
This will too, just not immediately...have been mocking up a FJ40 hood and what tube adjustments will be needed to make it work ;)

Wheeled it in Moab a couple days this week (EJS) with no issues.

Thank you. I have never heard or see it.
Will have to get some before we head south in June.
Windrock park is hugh. Over 73000 acres and over 300 miles of trail. It is very easy to be hours away from your camp. Last year we put a little over 300 miles on our rig. Some of that was pavement. But I think you get the idea.

I hit windrock about 10 years ago....or more....but haven't been back that direction much since. Still miss places like Paragon and Tellico tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom