BlueRibbon Coalition BRC: Spreading the Word on Land-use at Four Wheeler's Top Truck Challenge

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Date: 06/07/2011
BLUERIBBON COALITION PARTNER NEWS FLASH
Spreading the Word on Land-use at Four Wheeler's Top Truck Challenge
Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,
I just got an email from Kurt Schneider asking me to pass along to all our members and subscribers his latest media release.
I have pasted in a copy below; please take a couple of minutes to read over the information and help spread the word by passing this on.
Thanks in advance for your involvement,
Ric Foster
Public Lands Department Manager
BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 107
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
E-mail: kurt@kurtuleas.com
June 6th, 2011
Hollister, CA
Competitor Brian Whitford flies land-use flag at Four Wheeler's Top Truck Challenge Land-use activist hopes to use nationally televised event to help spread the word.
For nearly twenty years, four wheeling enthusiasts have entered their vehicles in to Four Wheeler's Top Truck Challenge to compete against other trucks, but rock crawling competitor Brian Whitford entered the competition with another mission in mind: to preach responsible recreation, trail awareness and volunteerism on the trail. With the mantra "Keep Public Lands Open to the Public" emblazoned on the side of his Any7Offroad buggy, along with several other stickers from various pro-access organizations, Brian hopes to use the popular event to spread this important message to a larger audience.
According to Brian, "Don't get me wrong, whenever I compete, I compete to win. I am in it to win it, but this event also gives us a chance to reach out to people and help them to understand that we need to be active in keeping our access to public lands."
Brian is no stranger to the land-use fight. As a graduate of Del Albright's Volunteer Leader and Land Stewardship class, he has not only helped to hold fund raiser's such a TDO's Cantina for the Con, he has also flown the land-use flag for many years while competing in Northern California rock crawling events. Brian can also be seen on the trail, oftentimes with his seven month old son strapped into his buggy, spreading the word about responsible recreation. "Off Roading is my life, and it is very important to me that my two young children will be able to follow our family tradition and be able to wheel on our public lands when they get older. Since this event is televised, we are going to make every effort to get our message out to the general public."
Selected as an alternate, Brian must still compete against all the other trucks in the event. Because of the difficulty of Top Truck Challenge, Brian's competition buggy has spent the past week at Any7Offroad in order to prep it. Along with a lot of help from Rage 4th, Brian is also partnered with JEReel drivelines, 10factory axles, FOA shocks, Heretic Fab, and 12volyguy.
The 19th annual Top Truck Challenge is held by Four Wheeler Magazine at Hollister Hills SVRA

###
If you would like more information on this topic, or to schedule an interview with Kurt Schneider, e-mail Kurt at kurt@kurtuleas.com

The BlueRibbon Coalition is a national recreation group that champions responsible recreation, and encourages individual environmental stewardship. With members in all 50 states, BRC is focused on building enthusiast involvement with organizational efforts through membership, outreach, education, and collaboration among recreationists. 1-800-BlueRib - www.sharetrails.org
As a non-profit, grassroots organization funded primarily by membership dues and donations, we greatly appreciate your support. Visit http://www.sharetrails.org/make-a-difference-now to help fund our efforts to protect your trails!
afeeds_feedburner_com__ff_BlueRibbonCoalition_c13d8c281309bd9b7e13e25c830b8e5b._.gif
afeeds_feedburner_com__r_BlueRibbonCoalition__4_dhlCXn0DoCI_.gif

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom