buggy dash/gauges

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jeeperscreepers

Loves Light Bars
Jul 11, 2021
Italy
Hu guys, i fabricated a sort of pod for gauges in my buggy that surrounds the steering column but it really sucks so, since i don't have any room in my firewall for gauges (because my lack of skill/creativity) i'm wondering to toss it and put on a digital gauges panel like Lowrance , AEM or similar even if i'm not a big fan of 'em.
I don't want to spend a fortune so i'm thinking about a very basic panel with water temp, oil pressure, voltage, trans temp and possibly engine oil temp too, tach is not mandatory, Any suggestion? I remember a Kalif Redden buggy with JHF portals with red frame (maybe Jarrod's brazil's now) i don't know that was actually using an app on the smartphone as a digital dash panel , tried to do some search on the web with no luck.
Thank you for your time

Mine is a simple panel with 3 gauges (water/trans temp and oil pressure). The plug on the bottom is a usb charging port that also shows the volts, so thats my volts gauge. I also can use an app on my phone that uses a OBD2 bluetooth dongle to an app called FourStroke. It lets me clear any codes that may pop up from my ecu. Only bad thing with most OBD2 readers is that they dont have a PiD for oil pressure so its not read through the app. My app requires a Bluetooth 4.0 reader so i bought this one on Amazon.
AP1GczPw0UvWlG-6-9_RTmUSLSfjbCtf1ib7OxDxGepF8PuT4Vap9LzFbYjYNgSkSIgWxCKodzI1A5KD9OJ0z5_lmyuWz51y3M0D_6dorSLJOUlhAsHE8l-cNWRbP_jQgQijwy6xDjhA9wkpCQsyfK3lwkdCjLE-7Gj8AeEC9duj1fXgDLoUC4be7H_9j2Q3yEK4BRxhcIpk3T1RlP4Su8biakZWwFSH6ZLPvCdXvbifH5Oz8BBXZHYMe53wEb0CevWu6iWYX0JRr846eKsTyiD4uqxe9VSm6xyCP3AGexnppvkrCt_vUbWjeh17ZGFsG3kr_4wx8LDTGbAHfCXcztSF_psLiF_lN1HKCiMOSyRYb7BMS7fJCyMTW2iEO7l_Nn6gUyKO1pt26y3xsCUoUU7rJreGump_zRiyPF2U1YdYmDToTBAstS_hQ7wtzd3URWYaC-8awej_asnzwqtCWgwHFc3M73fKgg8XjTf8Ujar05aFm1fzYaPSKMsTs2u6XHOrcuVWikWd-sfVb23s6vW6h46spB4XcOxQ3STzwbzrpQkYWCBs3CVgMXsOEjsjUrBU4pJXWTnedr4R01xZ7_arhD_4ENn-roZB1gacBT_pCetz9VIVUdAdRZaSYoHG4ut9Z7-4aGOu4W6FBoL_HkBIRX4aUoVVXeMSklIycfl4nMSy8sULHQb7mSFlZaOvIyNoxV33V3qPnC6UmhrLHGyrIVU6cjhGzFYZTset7a0sQe3hy9klvQCL27sfpLSt7R22iPNQRRQLI9Hl9jv5KhqsS7vAZy-zsCpgfBvW4JH_xx40t67TyExPs8zQgv2JzQx-fz0FbGOmEJct8ssDfO-7-arB3RiGzPX10NhMgtBwZzVi-p6b-i2QrrWf_fBu2YLK53ZeNKCfAopWW98mcNcUl81tqw=w1271-h953-s-no-gm

1710252374347.png

Boring standalone round gauges for oil pressure, trans temp, water temp. Nothing else needed IMO. Voltage is visible via a USB plug/monitor.

Thanks guys, so thinking about it, i can strip down some gauges and use the very basic like you, i just need to change the layout and fabricate a new smaller pod. thanks again

Used that pod on mine. Oil pressure and water temp. I opened the center hole up for a mini tach. I also have a volt meter on the usb plug in the middle of the switches.

Boring standalone round gauges for oil pressure, trans temp, water temp. Nothing else needed IMO. Voltage is visible via a USB plug/monitor.

IMG_7133.jpeg

IMG_6353.jpeg

Hu guys, i fabricated a sort of pod for gauges in my buggy that surrounds the steering column but it really sucks so, since i don't have any room in my firewall for gauges (because my lack of skill/creativity) i'm wondering to toss it and put on a digital gauges panel like Lowrance , AEM or similar even if i'm not a big fan of 'em.
I don't want to spend a fortune so i'm thinking about a very basic panel with water temp, oil pressure, voltage, trans temp and possibly engine oil temp too, tach is not mandatory, Any suggestion? I remember a Kalif Redden buggy with JHF portals with red frame (maybe Jarrod's brazil's now) i don't know that was actually using an app on the smartphone as a digital dash panel , tried to do some search on the web with no luck.
Thank you for your time
Hey. Yes. It was a Bluetooth box that plugged into OBD port then bluetooth to your phone. Reads codes. Makes gauges too!, I bought the car with that and came with an old android phone too.I got mad and ditched the engine and all that stuff too😂😂😂 here is something similar on Amazon..

D62E1568-C623-4BBC-8D66-66B228CED2DB.png

Hey. Yes. It was a Bluetooth box that plugged into OBD port then bluetooth to your phone. Reads codes. Makes gauges too!, I bought the car with that and came with an old android phone too.I got mad and ditched the engine and all that stuff too😂😂😂 here is something similar on Amazon..
OBD Bluetooth dongles are $10 or so on Amazon, I have one and tie it in with TorquePro.

View attachment 17659
Thank, I've seen your buggy on a wrecked gear video on YouTube. What engine did you swap into?

What spinner knob did you use to bolt into the Joes wheel?
I’ll try to get a picture of it but the bolt coming out the back of the spinner knob goes through one of the holes in the wheel and a nut is threaded on and then welded up. It’s a little sloppy but works ok. With the removable wheel I can place the knob in different positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom