Del Albright: WHO TO BELIEVE IN LANDUSE AND ORGANIZED RECREATION?

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a3.bp.blogspot.com__m6B1vDIZoko_Th2ZiR0sDQI_AAAAAAAAAbc_7zc8XUHUbzQ_s320_road_closed_sign.jpg
HOW DO YOU CHOOSE WHAT AND WHO TO BELIEVE IN LANDUSE AND POLITICS, FORUMS, THREADS, BLOGS, SOCIALS?

By Del Albright

So with all the access threats, lawsuits, complicated politics, who do we trust and believe when it comes to social networks, organizations and forums?

I will start this blog by saying, you have got to find someone you can believe in and support, or this ROAD CLOSED sign is about all we'll see the future. Roads and trails are being closed at an alarming rate, inspite of the best efforts of some of our biggest OHV groups. That is not to say we don't win a few.

However, I am convinced, based on my decades of doing this landuse stuff, that we must join and support organized recreation groups if we expect to have a sport in the future. We must support groups like the NRA if we expect to have guns in our possession as well. So who do we join?

If you read my stuff, you know I always say, JOIN everything you can afford to join. Spend $100 a year on memberships (at least). And make at least one good donation a year if you can swing it.

JOIN your local club, or at least your local/regional virtual club. Learn from them; wheel with them; support landuse with them; and have some fun for sure.

JOIN your state/regional associations -- good or bad -- join them. At least read their junk; know what is going on; see for yourself what makes the political world turn in your sport.

JOIN national groups that make sense to you -- and start with the BlueRibbon Coalition which represents ALL sports and ALL trails. JOIN your sport-specific group so you know what they are doing nationally, where we all need to have a say (but can't afford to travel to DC to make a speech). Let your national group speak for you in DC. But help them with letters. Write letters when asked.

There you have it -- JOIN everything you can afford to join. It's about membership; its about us; because big business like Exxon Oil, Google, and IBM sure aren't saving your trails.
##
Del

afeeds_feedburner_com__r_blogspot_IAwJe__4_olUDgSALJfc_.gif

Continue reading...

Hello, just signed up for rockcrawler forum. Are you the only one person on this forum? Maybe I am not doingbthismright, but it seems like there is not much owing on here. For the closed trails where Olaf needs help with, can that be due to fire? I need to look and maybe snap some pics. Have to play it by year.

Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, the forum has been slow...honestly, I need to get one of my projects started and get to posting :) RC use to be BUSY a number of years back, but that forum data was lost/closed prior to my purchase of the site, and traffic just hasn't returned since.

Hopefully someday tho - glad you joined! Now, get a thread going on your rig! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom