RockCrawler.com From a Desert Safari to the Streets of Long Beach WELD Drift Series Driver JTP Will Open...

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kansas City, Mo.WELD’s new partnership with Justin Pawlak, or JTP as he is known by fans, for the 2015 race season will take the high-profile professional Formula Drift series driver from the desert in Moab, Utah to the streets of Long Beach for the season’s first race.

JTP is participating in the Easter Jeep Safari, which consists of trail rides, departing from Moab throughout the 9-day long event that concludes on Sunday, April 5. JTP will take part in the event for the first time from April 1-4, supporting the 100th anniversary JC Whitney Jeep JK sporting custom made WELD racing gear and WELD Rekon XT Bead-Loc wheels.

“Part of the purpose of the trail ride is to help clean up the desert,” explained Pawlak. “It’s one of those events I’ve been wanting to participate in for the past couple of years, but because it’s so close to my first round of competition I’ve skipped it in the past. This year I’m biting the bullet and looking forward to some trail rides and fun.”

After his desert excursion, JTP will be going “sideways” in Long Beach for the season opening first Formula Drift event on April 11 at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Street Course. JTP has competed in the high-profile professional Formula Drift series for a number of years with increased success each season. Piloting a 2014 Ford Mustang, JTP has changed the color scheme of the car this year to a satin black and what he describes as more of an old hot rod or “rat rod” look to the vehicle. He will utilize WELD Street & Strip RTS S77B sporting 18×9 inch wheels on the front of the car and 18×10.5 inch in the rear.

“I think we have a really good team this year, and I’m excited about the partners that have come on board for the 2015 season,” explained JTP. “It is a pleasure to partner with WELD and to be able to run a high-quality, made in the USA wheel.”

JTP says he’s excited to open the season and his goal is to top the podium with wins. “In addition to being a racer, I’m also an entertainer and I go out there and slide my car inches from the wall and give the spectators a good show. I think that’s what is really important to show the fans— the car control that we have.”

WELD Racing wheels are 100 percent CNC machined from aircraft grade forged alloys for exact sizing and balancing. They exceed all standards and specifications for racing applications.

WELD manufactures the highest quality forged race wheels for dirt oval and drag racing, along with wheels for performance street cars and trucks. Each WELD wheel is precision engineered for maximum performance on the street, off road, and at the track. For more information, phone 800-788-9353 or visit www.WELDwheels.com.

About WELD
WELD, based in Kansas City, Mo., is the technology and manufacturing leader in the performance wheel market. Since 1967, WELD has been a pioneer in wheel engineering and design from main street to the race track. WELD’s precision and quality is validated by amassing more professional race wins than any other wheel company. Every race and street wheel is subjected to the same quality and design standards. WELD’s entire line of performance wheels can be seen at www.WELDwheels.com.

WELD is a Granite Creek company. Granite Creek invests in businesses with defensible market niches, recognized brands, strong intellectual property and/or manufacturing process assets led by entrepreneurial management teams in food/agribusiness, medical devices and instruments, and transportation industry sectors.

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom