Hauler camper trailer

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Broski

Spotter Required
Nov 4, 2020
on the edge of the pacific
In Dec of this year, I well have had it three years. I am super happy with this set up I have had zero problems with it, very powerful fly's up any hill, easy to drive, parks in most spots, camper has large tanks for extended stays off grid and built in generator.

1605804128753.png
1605804226884.png

Last edited:
Arctic Fox makes a nice camper....I had a Host for 5 years, and it served me quite well.

Is your generator propane? Ours devoured propane like crazy...we added a couple solar panels (roof and portable), plus a nice 1800w inverter....could go a full 10 days at the Hammers and not need the generator at all. Hair dryers (hers) worked great on the inverter, only had to flip the generator on for the convection oven or for the AC. Solar kept up easily with the day-to-day electrical stuff, like laptops and coffee and lights and such.

Yes the generator is propane, I don't use it much other then to heat food in the microwave, I do have solar, but no inverter. we don't bring much that need to be plugged in.
Boil water for coffee, stove top toaster, The wife is a x/old hippie chick so no hair dryer or any thing like that.
The Arctic fox build quality is better then most. I am a big fan of the fiberglass shell type of construction ( bigfoot or Northern Light ) but they don't have a slide out. We wanted a slide out for the extra space, we also wanted to be able to use the camper with the slide in ( the bath room on the road or stealth camping in parking lots) the 990 fit the bill with a full wall slide and access to the bath room and camper with the slide in.
Over the years we have had meany types of RV's and there always a trade off. Right now were pretty happy with the truck camper set up 😉

It's tough to get the right compromise...loved my "white trash toy hauler" (gooseneck/truck camper) but the Host/Ram combo offered more versatility. Now we rough it smoothly with a 40' Tiffin pusher :) She LOVES it, which is most of the battle ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom