Hello from North Dakota

Thread starter #1
FNG here. My rig is a 84 CJ7 that is currently under rebuild. Mostly pieces right now. Going to be completely stealth when I am done. Some time I will post my journey.

woody

eternal noobie
Staff member
So stealth, there are no pics ;)

Welcome!

Lil Rich

Addicted Member
Media Partner
Welcome and post often! No worries of getting flamed here unlike other sites. There is a pretty good amount of knowledge on this board and if we don't know it, we know someone who does!

Thread starter #5
Finally got around to uploading some pics on my tear down progress. She is a rolling chassis now and hope to have everything else taken apart this week.
1115161624.jpg
1119161456.jpg
1119161940.jpg
1120161806a.jpg

1121161749a.jpg

Lil Rich

Addicted Member
Media Partner
Looks great! What are your plans with this build? Resto Mod type wheeler? or are you building a little more aggressive?

I always wanted to do a body off restoration of a Bronco, but make it a little more rock crawling friendly. Just time and money... lol

Thread starter #8
Not making her a crawler but she will be more than capable of wheeling anywhere around here. My build list is kind of fluid right now but I am putting a new steel body on it that will be coated in bedliner. New rims, tires and suspension. Going from 33s to 35s. New gears and solid axles. Exchanging the 4.2 for a 4.0 with multi-port. I plan on fabbing my own bumpers, tube fenders and sliders. I happen to work for a steel manufacturing company so I have access to all sorts of cool fabricating toys so we shall see what else I can think of to make for it.

1218161447.jpg

woody

eternal noobie
Staff member
Love the use of foam floaties to project your shins :)

Looks like you've got a pretty good slate to start with...good choice with the powerplant update, that alone will change everything over a carb setup...keeping the existing trans/case?

Lil Rich

Addicted Member
Media Partner
I happen to work for a steel manufacturing company so I have access to all sorts of cool fabricating toys so we shall see what else I can think of to make for it.
That alone is awesome! Definitely use your resources for your build! I just wish you lived closer! LOL

Thread starter #11
Love the use of foam floaties to project your shins :)

Looks like you've got a pretty good slate to start with...good choice with the powerplant update, that alone will change everything over a carb setup...keeping the existing trans/case?
The 4.2 has a Holley Projection throttle body on it so I already had fuel injection. It was a pain because I had to re-tune it every time the temperatures changed drastically, which here in ND is frequently.