Hey i'm new to the world of wheeling, so i need some advice on a cheap buildup

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody said:
Those axles are what make the F250 desirable...believe there were some years that had a D60 front as well.

Finally got it pulled out of the weeds, gonna post some pics soon

1975 ford f250 said:
For all around wheeling

(My dad in the background)

Attachments

• image-3067271125.jpg
    image-3067271125.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 908
  • image-339476541.jpg
    image-339476541.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 883
  • image-3581688188.jpg
    image-3581688188.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 881
  • image-2385247384.jpg
    image-2385247384.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 874
Love that vintage :)

Looks like a past plow-truck to me...that is a hard life to live. Be SURE you check the driveshafts and front axle u-joints...easier to replace now than when they break :)

Determine what axles are in there yet?

Should be d44 , good looking old steel, Woody's right plowing puts stress on the whole truck, it will be a fine rig when your done...L

Figure a lot of work and some upgrades to the axles before you do too much wheeling on 36" tires or above. Also, a lot of that rust can be taken care of with a sawzall if you are not concerned about looks, and your local popo don't mind tires sticking out.

Yeah it was an old plow truck, gonna start to get into it this weekend

The people that owned it before me did some sketchy stuff with the brake system, as well as the four wheel drive system, so i have to go through that before i do anything else

1975 ford f250 said:
Yeah it was an old plow truck, gonna start to get into it this weekend

The people that owned it before me did some sketchy stuff with the brake system, as well as the four wheel drive system, so i have to go through that before i do anything else

And im going to have to totally redo the exhaust, as you can see by the mufflers hanging down

rotten exhaust is common on a rig that sees limited distance each time it runs...pipe never warm up enough to clear the moisture.

just add sawzall ;)

woody said:
rotten exhaust is common on a rig that sees limited distance each time it runs...pipe never warm up enough to clear the moisture. just add sawzall ;)
It's not rotten, he just tried to do a duel exhaust, and completely botched it up

Well, it's been a while, figured its time for an update:

Found out the engine is a 460, but it's seized, so i pulled the plugs and dumped some marvel mystery oil into the cylinders along with some WD-40, and am letting it sit.

I also figured out the axles are the 60 and 44.

Also, does anyone know where I can get budget-friendly tires?

Well, I've tried every trick in the book to try to get this motor to budge, it's not going anywhere, I was thinking about swapping in a 390 with a 4 speed anyway, opinions?

I just talked to a guy who may want to trade my truck for a 1976 international scout II, it runs, but the body is in pretty rough shape, do you guys think i should do the trade, or not?

Welcome to the hobby that never ends!! Go for the scout. Running is cheaper than not. Probably a 345 v8 with a 44 front and rear. Can't go wrong there. Saw all the fenders, patch the floors. Crawling going to tear it up anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom